• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RIDICULOUS 20 GB unusable cloud-based storage policy - Is this true?

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 45 minutes on the phone today with adobe customer support, I was told that the reason I couldn't upload any more photos to my 100 GB plan was that I had 84 GB of photos already uploaded and that I required at least 20 GB of additional free storage space to continue uploading.

This doesn't make any sense as I have previously uploaded photos when my storage was over 90% used and a 100 GB plan wouldn't actually get you 100 GB.

Using the "do not sleep iPad when uploading while charging" feature, I waited over 7 hours and uploaded 0 pictures. 85 photos at 25 mb each is only ~2 GB. 

After trying several times to explain to the rep that I had never heard of this policy and I didn't think their solution seemed logical, his only advice was "I recommend to either delete 4 Gb of photos then upload, or buy more cloud storage space, would you like me to set up a call from the sales department to increase your storage?" 

Can someone from adobe verify this absurd policy and explain how this is justified when we pay for 100 GB of cloud storage?

Adobe LR v5.2.1

iPad Pro v13.3.1

Separately, when uploading was working, it was unbelievably slow, like 5-10 minutes per photo on 15bps DL, 10mbps UL. Sad that such great software is so unfocused on basic issues.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user-to-user forum. For questions like this, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Adobe support is notorious for just saying something when they don't know the answer either. I would think this is what is really going on, because I have never heard about this 20 GB free space requirement before.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines