• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SD Card deformatted.

New Here ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up Lightroom CC this morning, plugged in the card reader and went to import my recent pics in the normal manner.

After downloading the first two, a box appeared asking me to install the recent update to Lightroom CC

I clicked this, and once the download had finished I was told no more images could be downloaded from the card which now needed to be formatted, warning me at the same time that doing this would deleted any information.

i removed the card and replaced it in the Canon camera in the hope they would still be there but no, the camera tells me to format the card.

It is probably my fault for not having the sense to remove the card during the update but a warning would have been really helpful.

Can anyone offer me the hope of recovering the images from the card? they include some wildlife shots I will never be able to take again and this has seriously dented my confidence in all this.

if I can't rely on successfully dealing with my pics then to be honest the whole thing becomes more trouble that it is worth and I'll just sell the cameras and go fishing instead.

any help with be met with puppy like gratitude.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

You posted in the Adobe Stock forum. I've moved your post to the Lightroom CC forum where you are more likely to get a response to your question.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating Lightroom the application must first be closed. It will not update while open. Not sure how you could have continued importing and updating at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Busterdog - That's no good! As suggested by cmgap, LR has to be closed to be updated, so really not sure how you could have updated while importing. Do a Google search for some SD card recovery software. I know they exist, but I can't really recommend one as I haven't needed one (knock on wood!). I can't guarantee that it'll bring everything back, but it can't hurt to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines