• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search for lenses used in LR CC

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the old LR it was possible to search for the pictures I have taken with special lenses. I can not find this lens-search in the search section of LR CC (neither on my iMac nor on my iPad Pro). When can I find this feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Try searching in Lr CC on the imac. Click All Photos (top left) and use the search box and add a short search term. For example if I type EF100 the application finds from the metadata, all photos taken with my Canon 100-400mm lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try searching in Lr CC on the imac. Click All Photos (top left) and use the search box and add a short search term. For example if I type EF100 the application finds from the metadata, all photos taken with my Canon 100-400mm lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this helped. Nevertheless it is a pity that the overview over the lenses used is not still available in LR CC ( only in the classical version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly still no possibility to list this metadata the same way as Lightroom Classic does it.

In my eyes the catalog and filtering is the biggest advantage when compared to others like Luminar. Switching over to Lightroom CC from Lightroom would kill that advantage and then makes Luminar more attractive to switch to (no monthly fee)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which version you are using, but the search/filter functions of Lightroom have been greatly improved in the two and a half years since the original post in this thread was answered. Simply clicking in the Search bar will reveal a list of many searchable "facets" which includes "Lens". See attached screenshot. If the "facet" you want isn't listed, simply typing freeform text into the search box will use the AI-powered search which is generally excellent.

Capture.PNG 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange, mine looks quite different:

rogerl75368559_0-1600852009184.png

This on lightroom.adobe.com => Is yours the locally installed version of it? (always thought they are the same)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I am showing the search options in the Lightroom desktop app, not the LrWeb app, as that was the app referred to in this thread. 

No, not all the apps in the cloud "ecosystem" have the same functionality. They are the same in the sense that they are accessing and using the same set of images stored in the cloud, but there are some functional differences (mainly due to the different underlying operating systems, and the different timescales that the various apps have been in development). 

The LrWeb app that you are using is by far the weakest in the search and editing areas, though is probably the strongest in the area of album sharing (and it's the best goto app for looking into any cloud syncing issues as it interfaces directly with your cloud account). I tend to use the LrWeb app mostly for setting up album shares, and I'll use either of the others for searching/organising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines