• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search for photos taken on a certain date

Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to search for all photos you took on a particular day through the years, say, August 1, you can. Select All Photos and be sure to enter it as "August 01" in the search field if it's single digits. LR should bring back photos captured on August 1, but it may throw in an odd photo where "August" and "1" are found in various metadata elements. Say, it was taken on August 22, but the file name is "VacationPhotos-01", just ignore those, they should not contaminate your search results too badly. Searching for "August 01" with and without quotation marks works, the results may differ by a few photos. Searching for August 1, for some reason, does not work. LR brings back a lot fewer photos, and some of them are not from August 1 at all.

Searching for "August 2018" works well, too. It did not always, so kudos to Adobe.

I have tested these searches in LR for Web and iOS and it worked nearly identically. I am going to test in LR CC for Mac next. As far as I know, this is not doable in LR Classic.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alexeit,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

It seems like a great idea, could you share this as a feature request here?

Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

This forum is monitored by our developers and they might look into it for future updates.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines