• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeing SD card reader on iPadOS not implemented in Lightroom Mobile yet?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connecting an SD card through the USB-C allows  me to see the card in the iPad’s Files app (beta 2). But if I try too open the card straight from Lightroom mobile, the card does not show in the explore files option of the import files menu. Wasn’t  implement yet or something else?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

The direct transfer from an SD card to any app is not yet supported by the iOS but according to this blog it is coming soon https://www.idownloadblog.com/2019/04/23/ios-13-media-import-third-party-apps/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2019 Jul 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The direct transfer from an SD card to any app is not yet supported by the iOS but according to this blog it is coming soon https://www.idownloadblog.com/2019/04/23/ios-13-media-import-third-party-apps/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does 'by any app' include Files app and FileBrowser for Business, both of which see remote storage (USB, SD, etc) on iPad with iPadOS (beta 13)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know. Are you referring to a File Browser app that is separate from the iOS file browser? If so I am not familiar with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would be nice to hear from Adobe on whether or not there will be any lightroom release that will stay in synch with external storage access available with iPadOS and in particular, ability of Lightroom on iPad to access external storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but how is this: 'direct transfer from an SD card to any app is not yet supported by the iOS' a correct answer? (nothing personal here just the .....facts) perhaps not by a final released version of iOS, but certainly by the current iPadOS public beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lets bring this up - the "correct answer" is not correct any more. The beta versions for iPadOS were available for 3-4 months now, and iPadOS is out now for a few weeks but Lightroom for iPad still cannot import directly from the camera.

Any idea when this will be avialable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also keen to get an answer on this - a decent workflow away from home seems tantalisingly close!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, other (some photo editing competitors ) apps allow this already, this should be doable for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a pretty decent work around that I think others might enjoy.

Create a 'shortcut' in the Shortcut app, that pulls up a Files dialog which allows you to select files to import to Lightroom. Then you can access the attached SD/XQD card's files directly. 

I've created one that also filters the files to just .NEF files, so I can shoot JPG and NEF on the same card and only import the NEFs, but 'select all'. I have noted that the shortcut will report it takes too long to run if there are lots of files, but if you open Lightroom, they are being imported! 

Link to actual working Shortcut:

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/b2718b5c10f94272b13fcabcec8ab192

Link to image showing the very simple Shortcut steps:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71rhhrf3h5buogo/File%20Oct%2025%2C%203%2032%2008%20PM.jpeg?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines