• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Seeing what photos are backed up in the cloud

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my photo originals stored on an external hard drive.  When I am in Lightroom CC, it says that the photos are backed up in the cloud.  My external hard drive seems to have died, so I want to move a copy of each photo backed up in the cloud to a new hard drive.  I am terribly afraid that they are not all there.  How can I see what is backed up and what is not?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

I too would assume so, what's in the Cloud is the truth so to speak.

So if you haven't actually deleted them from the application, then you should be able to link up a new drive (if required) as reassign the preferences to that. There may be a caveat or two, although I cannot quite remember what that they are the moment.

Sign in to the link in the previous post to check your Cloud content anyway,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the best place to check is at http://lightroom.adobe.com

Were the originals in the external stored there via Lightroom CC Desktop's preferences? (In which case, they are a copy of the cloud, normally for speed of access) or were they there pre-import to Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were stored via LightroomCC preferences.  So I can assume they are all in the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would assume so, what's in the Cloud is the truth so to speak.

So if you haven't actually deleted them from the application, then you should be able to link up a new drive (if required) as reassign the preferences to that. There may be a caveat or two, although I cannot quite remember what that they are the moment.

Sign in to the link in the previous post to check your Cloud content anyway,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did and everything was there.  I will now change my preferences to the new drive.  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines