Highlighted

Seeking for New Lightroom On-the-go Workflow (migrate from Classic to CC)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LR Community,

I've recently bought a new iPad Pro so im looking for advice on how other people imbed iPad within their on-the-go workflow.

My current worflow consists of a Desktop PC and lightroom classic, I import all the Raw files from SD card onto a standalone external HDD. And the LR classic catalogue syncs with the external HDD. All standard procedures.

My goal now is to import and edit my RAWs directly on a single database using either my ipad and Desktop PC. Am i correct to assume I have to move all my original RAW files from my HDD to the Adobe Cloud Service? If 2TB is max. cloud storage space, should I keep each catalogue to roughly 2TB and back up older catalogues and RAWs to a NAS?

This also suggests I have to migrate the catalogue from Classic to CC. It says you may only migrate it once and many users in the forum have experienced trouble with the migration, so I'm making sure its done right. What does this migration mean to my Classic Catalogue, will it be deemed useless/not sync? Do I have to use Lightroom CC on my Desktop PC instead?

Thank you in advance, any help and solutions are welcomed.

Sincerely,

Leo

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Seeking for New Lightroom On-the-go Workflow (migrate from Classic to CC)

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LR Community,

I've recently bought a new iPad Pro so im looking for advice on how other people imbed iPad within their on-the-go workflow.

My current worflow consists of a Desktop PC and lightroom classic, I import all the Raw files from SD card onto a standalone external HDD. And the LR classic catalogue syncs with the external HDD. All standard procedures.

My goal now is to import and edit my RAWs directly on a single database using either my ipad and Desktop PC. Am i correct to assume I have to move all my original RAW files from my HDD to the Adobe Cloud Service? If 2TB is max. cloud storage space, should I keep each catalogue to roughly 2TB and back up older catalogues and RAWs to a NAS?

This also suggests I have to migrate the catalogue from Classic to CC. It says you may only migrate it once and many users in the forum have experienced trouble with the migration, so I'm making sure its done right. What does this migration mean to my Classic Catalogue, will it be deemed useless/not sync? Do I have to use Lightroom CC on my Desktop PC instead?

Thank you in advance, any help and solutions are welcomed.

Sincerely,

Leo

TOPICS
How to, Mac, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0

Have something to add?