• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select which photos are automatically added to LR from my phone

Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have selected the option in Lightroom Mobile to automatically add new photos from my phone to Lightroom.  However it doesn't only upload photos from my phone camera: it uploads every image sent to me on WhatsApp, every screenshot I take, etc.  I have no interest in having these in Lightroom so need to manually delete them one-by-one (or else turn off auto-upload and manually upload new photos to LR). 

Has anyone found a way to do this?  I was hoping to use Lightroom as a single tool for managing photos from my camera and my phone, but this limitation makes it much less usable for phones.  Google Photos and OneDrive can both do this so it must be technically possible (Google seems to do it automatically; OneDrive lets you pick which folders on your phone to watch).

I don't know if it makes a difference but I'm using the Android version of LR Mobile.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you use the built-in camera app in Lightroom Mobile? That app will add the photos to Lightroom directly, so you can turn off adding photos from the camera roll. Depending on the phone, you can even shoot in raw (DNG).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!  Thanks Johan.  For some reason that didn't occur to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy solution! Go to preferences, click on 'Enable Auto Add', and then you can select which format you want to add.

I use raw (DNG) and only have that selected. I have a number of problems using the Lightroom camera app (Hauwei phone) and I don't find it that good. If the phone can take raw, then I would only use the raw function with Lightroom, and JPG for general shots that don't need to be in Lightroom. In this way, you can keep these two different ways of shooting separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!  I like the idea of using raw for creative photos that I want in Lightroom and jpg for everything else (like the photos I take of my car to remember where I parked it...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines