On my iPad, it seems that sending an edited .psd back to Photosthop from Lightroom merges all layers in about 50% of the cases - is that expected behaviour?
I basically do this:
1. Send photo from Lightroom to Photoshop through "Edit in Photoshop"
2. Edit photo in Photoshop, for instance, I add layers.
3. Send photo back to Lightroom through the dedicated "Send to Lightroom"
4. Send the edited .psd from Lightroom to Photoshop
5. All layers are merged by default --> that does not always happen, I can't figure out why sometimes it merges all layers, and sometimes the layers are still there (none of the photos is uploaded to the photoshop cloud).