• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate work saved in Lightroom & Classic on my desktop. Is it possible to merge the two together?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! If anyone could help, I'd be super grateful! 

So I've somehow managed to work in two separate sets of lightroom, classic and cc, on my desktop. I've spent an entire year working in CC and would like to switch everything over to Classic. My Classic has a library and collections that I had previously worked on and that I'd like to keep on there as well. So is it possible to take everything saved in CC and merge it with what I have in Classic?

Thanks so much! 🙂

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Hi there,

As you want to Migrate back to using Lightroom Classic, you could create a new empty catalog in LR Classic and then turn on sync under the identity plate (top left)

All originals & editing will download from the cloud into LR Classic

Before you activate sync set your preferences for download e.g. into a single folder, drive or external drive or into dated sub-folders based on date taken.

After that you can import the original catalog which has libraries and collections into the newly

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you want to Migrate back to using Lightroom Classic, you could create a new empty catalog in LR Classic and then turn on sync under the identity plate (top left)

All originals & editing will download from the cloud into LR Classic

Before you activate sync set your preferences for download e.g. into a single folder, drive or external drive or into dated sub-folders based on date taken.

After that you can import the original catalog which has libraries and collections into the newly created catalog by going to File > Import from another catalog.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to finally get everything
sorted. Again, thank you so very much. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I migrated a catalog to LRCC in order for the original RAW files to sync to the cloud. So I have two questions that seem to have relevance to your reply to OP's question- 

1. Is there a way for me to only use Lightroom Classic (desktop) and have the original RAW files synced to the cloud for "full" resolution Lightroom albums (since each file is showing up in KB versus MB)?

2. Would your suggested method (what you mentioned above to OP) work to create a brand new catalog without duplicates seeming to sync across LRCC and LRC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines