Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share folder in Lightroom Web

Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is it possible to share a folder (and the folders and albums inside it) from Lightroom Web, with another person for visualization?

If yes, how do I do it?

Thanks

JVicente

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

It’s only possible to share albums, not folders. But you could select the top folder in the desktop app (Lr 3.1) which will show the total images in the albums and sub folders. Use Ctrl+A to select all and create a new album for sharing. Images can be in more than one album without duplication.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Have you considered the Gallery feature? Basically you can create one Gallery into which you can add as many albums as you wish, then you can share the single link to the Gallery, and the users that you share the link with will see all the individual albums which they can then view individually, i.e. you don't have to put all the images into one album.

It works well, the only downside is that you can have only one Gallery, so you can't use the feature to share different groups of albums to dif

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s only possible to share albums, not folders. But you could select the top folder in the desktop app (Lr 3.1) which will show the total images in the albums and sub folders. Use Ctrl+A to select all and create a new album for sharing. Images can be in more than one album without duplication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 99jon, I suspected that.

But a hierarquy of folders and subfolders is important to share with my coworkers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered the Gallery feature? Basically you can create one Gallery into which you can add as many albums as you wish, then you can share the single link to the Gallery, and the users that you share the link with will see all the individual albums which they can then view individually, i.e. you don't have to put all the images into one album.

It works well, the only downside is that you can have only one Gallery, so you can't use the feature to share different groups of albums to different users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim makes a good suggestion. I had forgotten that I have enabled a gallery – see image. It could suit your purpose. As you can see you can add or remove individual albums under a single gallery link and set your own parameters.

You can only do it from the web app. Log-in here from your browser.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

To enlarge image, click once, then right-click and choose open image in new tab. Go to the tab to view at full resolution.

Gallery.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Jim_Wild and 99jon.

I really need a more complex structure of folders and subfolder, because I have several projects, each one with several tasks and subtasks.

Maybe the Gallery solve my problem. I will try make more complex album names, so when it appear alphabetically it show some form of organization, and see if my coworkers can find what they look for.

Or maybe I try to do a website (I will try myportfolio capacities).

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add your vote to the feature request here on the forum that is monitored by the engineering team:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/share-folders-in-lightroom-cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had an album disappear and go to under "sharing" and now it says "shared to web" i am freaking out and need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I vote for being able to share folders I constenly checking after every update to see if they do this.  If you are listening Adobe this needs to be done. Please Please Please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines