• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Share only "picked" photos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to share only the picked photos in an album?

Lightroom CC makes it super-easy to share an album, but I seldom want people to see all the images - only the ones I've picked and therefore edited.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Jao's advice is incorrect. You can share only the picked (or unflagged or rejected) photos without creating a new album, but you have to set that option in Lightroom Web, not in LRCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2018 Aug 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No,

what you have to do is to turn on the filter, only show picked flag images and then create a new album from those images and share that. Note that Lightroom CC contrary to Lightroom Classic does not have smart albums that automatically update so if you later pick another image you have to move it manually into the shared picks album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was hoping this wasn't going to be the answer, but good to know there isn't a simple way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao's advice is incorrect. You can share only the picked (or unflagged or rejected) photos without creating a new album, but you have to set that option in Lightroom Web, not in LRCC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, John!

This was exactly what I was hoping I could do, so very pleased to find this capability is there. In truth, I hadn't appreciated there was a web bit of LR CC, and it would be good to have this filter capability back in the main program.

That's all splitting hairs - it does exactly what I wanted, so super-happy this is there!

Have marked this as the correct answer.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no doubt that LrCC will eventually catch up!

LrWeb is well worth publicising, and I wish Adobe would put more effort into it rather than into LrCC. I'd also point you in the direction of Adobe's Slate and Portfolio which may also be included in your subscription and can display images synced to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have a look at Slate and Portfolio.

There are so many programs in the CC subscription, I've no idea what most of them do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also looking for this option and found it today. However, it doesn’t work? The web gallery shows ALL photos in the folder, not just the picks. In addition, the title doesn’t show up, just the folder name. This happens regardless of setting the options in Lr CC desktop, app, or web service. Hope this is a temporary bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now here on the Sharing tab:

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 19.06.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, you’re right, it’s right there. But you can’t change the setting there. That happens on the Display tab. Figuring things out I made an odd observation:

If I create a Share from within the Lr CC app (iPad / iPhone), the filter (flag / stars) setting is ignored. Then I go to Lr Web and flip the filter off and back on, and then it works. After that, the filter setting from the Lr CC app is no longer ignored and works as it should.

Odd bug, will probably be fixed shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the setting there, on Sharing, and one can also do it on Display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it doesn't work. You can select the option, but it won't update my selection on the album. This shouldn't be an issue, but it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Filtering as an option in my sharing properties, either in Lr CC Desktop or Lr Web.  Can't find a way to Enable Filters like in Lr Classic either.  What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it.  In the newest version, both Lr CC Desktop and Lr Web, Filters are accessed using the funnel button just to the right of the search box at the top of the page/screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right! I have not seen this option there before. They must have recently added it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's been available for quite a long time, but Adobe have recently changed the layout to make it more discoverable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have there been any updates to this topic with the recent releases?  Or is the answer still to manually create a new album with only the picked pics and import it into Portfolio?  If so, I hope the developers are planning to add this very important feature.  To be able to share the albums and then have them sync and maintain their sync'd status between LRCC and Portfolio in a fashion similar to how LR Classic and LRCC do, would be transformational.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John for the quick reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there any chance that this option has been deactivated now? I no longer see it (though I've definitely used it before).

Here's how my share modal looks now:

1. In the Lightroom CC Mac app:

CleanShot 2020-02-08 at 17.54.34@2x.pngCleanShot 2020-02-08 at 17.55.11@2x.png

In the LR web app (the second screenshot is of the display menu):

CleanShot 2020-02-08 at 17.53.43@2x.pngCleanShot 2020-02-08 at 17.55.37@2x.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! I have been looking for this feature for the past 15 minutes and it seems to be gone. I definitely have used it before. I even remember being positively surprised when it first appeared, precisely because it used to be a pain before to create new albums with your picks for sharing every time. Dont know why Adobe would kill such a useful feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it: One of my albums that previously had a filter activated for sharing now shows this message in lightroom web:

Album.png

Here's the explanation: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/display-filters-removed.html

Sometimes its one step forward and two steps back with Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Album.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines