• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing and downloading issue:

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until the CC update in Lightroom Mobile,  I was able to share collections to my clients and they were then able to download from the collection to their IOS device to share on Instagram with family members etc. The collections or photos in a collection  do not appear to be downloadable as a jpeg to either the desktop or ios device (specifically iPhone) If this is the new policy, it renders

my business model as untenable using Lightroom. Hopefully my clients and I are missing something here. Any information would be appreciated.

Regards

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

I understand. They changed something so that you now have to explicitly allow downloading. They only have an interface for this on the web interface. Simply go to your album in the web interface to Lightroom CC. Log on and navigate to your album. Click on Share -> Share this album. Then enable downloading:Untitled.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to not yet be enabled in Lightroom CC on the desktop and appears to be absent from Lightroom CC on iOS. You have to go to the lightroom web app ( https://lightroom.adobe.com ) and share from there. You'll get the option to enable downloading. Every album you see in Lightroom CC you will see in Lightroom web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao: The issue is not with me being to download to my desktop because I can with no issues. The issue is with my downstream clients who do not

Have Lightroom or Lightroom CC on their phones or PC/MAC. Until the update they were able to save photos from the slideshow/gallery to their phone and post on Instagram.

They no longer can do it. I have tested with 2 clients resending a link that was a month old and there are no issues downloading to the phone. Any link sent after the update

Will not download from the customer’s phone /desktop.

Regards

Tim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. They changed something so that you now have to explicitly allow downloading. They only have an interface for this on the web interface. Simply go to your album in the web interface to Lightroom CC. Log on and navigate to your album. Click on Share -> Share this album. Then enable downloading:Untitled.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, 

this is very hidden! And very unusefull. 

And the best part is: it does not work in the IOS App. 

My clients can´t comment or rate or give a like. 

Which I find very disturbing. 

What is the point of sharing it, if the other person can´t comment?

kind regards 

Peter 

rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.>Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines