• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show stacked photos

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Can anyone advise me on Lightroom settings so that exported photos show in the Library.

Once I have edited a photo in 'Develop', the edited photo shows up in the Library (with the edited icon showing). When I 'Export' this photo, the original still shows in the Library but not the exported photo: I wish both to show up.

File menu --> Export --> settings:

Export Location - Same as original photo

Put in Subfolder box: unticked

Add to This Catalog box: ticked

Add to Stack box: unticked

Existing Files: Overwrite WITHOUT WARNING

File Naming

Rename To box ticked with 'Filename - Sequence' chosen

The exported photographs are on my hard drive in the same folder as the original photos but presumably are 'Stacked' so do not show up in the Library. However, on clicking 'Photo' menu -> 'Stacking' the 'Unstack' option is greyed out (the 'Group into Stack' option is available).

What setting do I alter so that both the original and the exported photo will show Library mode ?

All the best, Douglas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Douglas I think most people export for a specific purpose e.g. to make a print with settings for sharpening, ppi, glossy paper etc. or to email a jpeg photo smaller than the original or upload to social media. Those copies are then discarded. After all, the original shows the edit settings as stored in the catalog and a fresh copy can be made at any time.

Some people like to keep a record in the catalog e.g. if they have sent a specific copy to a client. If you are saving to the same folder you could try right-clicking on the folder name and choosing synchronize folder to import those copies into the catalog. It’s an alternative to putting a checkmark in the box in the export dialog. After the import completes you can then select all and perhaps add to a collection or add keywords or color labels, as preferred.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thanks for getting back. I am scanning in 1000’s of old family photos then discarding most of the original paper photos. The photos will never be of interest to anyone but immediate family members and are certainly of no artistic merit ! All the photos were taken with ‘instamatics’ so the exposure is poor in some of them. My plan is to use ‘Develop’ on the worst then save the improved photos for posterity and discard the  original scans. I want to avoid apparent duplicate photos (& to reduce the vast number of photos). I realise this is not what a photographer would do but I want my digital family photo album to be easily viewed in the future.

What I do is ‘Import’ a folder called Scanned Photos into Lightroom, add date, location & name metadata then ‘Develop’ any photos that need it. I then drag and drop the photos (still in Lightroom so the catalogue is updated) to year folders (eg 1974) +/- named subfolders (eg a specific holiday or occasion in that year which has multiple photos). However, as the Developed photos do not show up, this is difficult.

All the best,
Douglas 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines