• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple Batch Crop

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can finally crop RAW files back to full size after importing them from my Canon SL1 / 100D. (They are automatically cropped, annoying)

BUT I can only do one at a time and I have hundreds of images. I shift select all, then change it from as shot to "original". No dice, it only changes one image.

Is there a command to bulk crop in LR CC?

It should be simple.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi レオンマ,

There is no such feature in Lightroom desktop that allows bulk cropping of images. However, we'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here:

Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There absolutely is a way to  batch crop in Lightroom Classic. It's call auto sync! Whatever I change with auto sync on gets applied to all the photos that are selected. This is a huge hamstring for Lightroom CC as it appears I cannot do this and thus is a huge waste of time. If only Adobe would make the sync work so that all of my photos from Lightroom CC mobile would actually show in my work flow on the desktop. To me Lightroom CC seems half baked and I've wasted more time trying to figure out how to do every day routine items from Lightroom Classic than I have actually editing photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you on the wasted time!  I walk away from using Adobe apps frustrated, most of the time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks!  Adobe apps are SO complicated!  Does anyone know how to tell what the image dimensions are, so they can all be made the same size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you serious? So when I have to edit hundreds of photos in Lightroom CC on my computer, there is absolutely 'no way' to apply a specific crop to all my images at once? Please tell me this is not the case. I cannot even save a preset and CHOOSE the crop I want and apply it that way. Nor do I have a way to sync all the selected photos to the same crop. Isn't lightroom suppose to make processing and editing easier? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been a number of updates since 2019 and batch editing is now possible.

Crop your first image

1. From the menu Click: Photo >> Choose Edit Settings To Copy
  2. In the copy dialog click on the word select and change to modified
  3. Crop is normally checked if that was your only edit but scroll down to ensure no other boxes are checked and then click the “Copy” button (Ctrl+C) – see image below
  4. Select a batch of thumbnails in the grid and press Ctrl+V to paste the same crop setting to each
  5. Wait for sync to complete

BulkCrop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong. Crop, Heal, and Brush are not there. your thought it was that easy ? 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They should be there. Can you confirm which version of Lightroom you are using (it should be 4.1), and post a screenshot of the Copy Settings menu with the Tools box selected and expanded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT for Lightroom Classic. This is for Lightroom CC+.

1. Crop your image. (Or select any effect(s))

2. Click Photo>Choose Edit Settings To Copy

3. Click Select>Modified (This shows all the effects currently modified to your image)

Make sure your crop is checked or all edits you want to copy.

4. Click Copy

5. Change the View at bottom to "Square Grid" or "Photo Grid" at bottom (NOT Detail Grid)

6. Hold shift and select all your photos or hold Ctrl and select any photos you wish.

7. Click Ctrl + V to paste.

8. It will paste your edits to all photos selected.

There is a glitch where this does not work in the Detail Grid. SO if you hvaing an issue, change the Grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a glitch where this does not work in the Detail Grid. SO if you hvaing an issue, change the Grid.

By @richp77707839

It can still work in Detail mode....the trick is to use Shift+Cmd/Ctrl+V to paste the copied settings to all the selected images, not just the image in the Detail view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i SEEM TO HAVE NO LUCK IN dETAIL MODE WITH IT COPYING TO MORE THAN ONE, EVEN WHEN MULTIPLE ARE SELECTED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked it again on both MacOS and Windows10 and settings copied from an image in Detail can be pasted successfully to multiple images selected in the filmstrip. As I said, the key is to press the Shift +Ctrl+V ( on Windows) or Shift+Cmd+V on MacOS after copying the settings. 

What version of Lightroom are you using, and on which OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely correct. I apologize.

Yes

Shift + Ctrl + V to paste in windows works in detail mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another HINT! After you have bulk applied a crop or any other effects, make sure to un-select all the photos. Or else, you will find tons and tons of images in your folder after you start to edit them one by one. I make this mstake a lot. I forget to un-select all the photos, and I go in and start to edit them one by one and I find many copies of the photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@richp77707839    A Hint for your hint!  [Ctrl+D] will 'De-select' all images. (I assume [Cmd+D] will work in Mac)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines