• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Single Photoshop Edit in Stack?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently moved over to the non-classic Lightroom CC. When I go an edit an image in Photoshop and save for the first time, everything behaves intuitively as I'd expect: a stack is created with the Photoshop TIF edit and the original image.

If I then decide I want to do further Photoshop edits, and do the "Edit in Photoshop" again, my expectation is that the save will simply update the existing TIF when saving. Instead, it's creating yet another TIF. How do I make it simply keep editing/saving the same TIF?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

It is by design. Each time you go into PS you create a new document which gets imported back into LRCC when you save and close in PS.

For example, after creating the first import 6Z842232-Edit.tif you may decide to do some further editing in LRCC. If you Edit again in PS a new file will be generated with the current settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You end up with a photo stack like:

6Z842232.jpg

6Z842232-Edit.tif

6Z842232-Edit-Edit.tif

6Z842232-Edit-Edit-Edit.tif

Quite silly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is by design. Each time you go into PS you create a new document which gets imported back into LRCC when you save and close in PS.

For example, after creating the first import 6Z842232-Edit.tif you may decide to do some further editing in LRCC. If you Edit again in PS a new file will be generated with the current settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines