• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sliders have no effect on editing photo in Lightroom 4.0

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the edit panel, adjusting any of the sliders on the right has no impact on changing the image. I've tried re-installing, enabling/disabling hardware acceleration, enabling/disabling local cache of image and previews. This is on Windows 10. Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Hi there,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom 4.1 which includes the fix for this issue.

Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like perhaps you have selected one of the local adjustment tools. Changing the sliders of these tools will not do anything to the image if you have not yet applied the adjustment (brushed something, applied the filter).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- No, this is with all tools. Exposure, saturation, contrast... Even white balance. The image displays but there is no change in the image.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the sliders you mention are in the local adjustments too...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you just have to trust me that these are the global adjustments not local adjustments :). I'll see if I can record a video. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem only appears when editing RAW (.CR3) files taken from a Canon EOS R5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll await your video. I don't own a Canon R5 myself, but I found an R5 raw file on the internet to download and I have no problems editing it in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example. The first image is a CR3 and the second a JPG. The JPG
works. The CR3 does not. I am running the latest version of Lightroom CC.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0L2_3oMFZ46lXV3odbdSu4dQg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, these are indeed the global sliders. 😉 As I am using a Mac and don't see this problem, this could be a PC bug only, but I doubt that very much. I have not read any report like this and as hundreds if not thousands of people must be using Lightroom on Windows with Canon R5 raw files, there would be lots other people who have the same problem if this were a bug. I can't explain it but I suggest it's something that has to do with your computer. I suggest you report this at the feedback site. That's where the Adobe engineers hang out, not here (this is a user to user forum).

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're happy to announce the release of Lightroom 4.1 which includes the fix for this issue.

Check out the list of all fixed issues here: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/fixed-issues.html

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I've had this same problem with several images from different sources - but most of the time when it happens, the picture is monochrome. I am using the most up-to-date version of the creative cloud Lightroom (version 5.1) and dealing with a photo today that none of the sliders have any effect. This is a monochrome photo that came off my Epson scanner, it is a scan of a pencil drawing.  When I start to drag the sliders the "effect" briefly shows, and then instantly reverts to the original look regardless of where the slider is located.  This is a freak intermittent problem, and is extremely frustrating. Other photos in the same album respond normally. Yes, I'm using the correct Edit tab, and Yes, I've imported the photo several times, including opening with photoshop separately, saving as a new output file, and reimporting to Lightroom, and it still has the same behavior on that photo. Super super frustrating - I would very much like to demonstrate to an Adobe programmer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines