• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sliders not working

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to follow the Adobe tutorials for Lightroom.  Tut 5 shows an original exposure can be adjusted from the radial gradient menu prior to using any of the gradient tools. In fact, none of the tools have any effect on the image to be edited as demonstrated in the tutorial video.  I have restarted Lr, my Mac, reset Lr preferences, ended all sessions from my Adobe account and searched for a solution (without success). Adobe help line for 30 mins without talking to anyone (real help from real people, not so far but I'm patient)

Any suggestions?

Lr 3.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

OS Catalina 10.15.5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

The video demo shows how to drag out and move the radial filter in the main edit window. You can check or uncheck the invert box depending whether you want the slider effects applied to the subject or outside of the subject.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/how-to/edit-part-photo-lightroom-cc.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After setting the local adjustment sliders you need to drag-out the radial filter over your subject. Or drag the filter first and then adjust the sliders to see the effect instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou.  Unfortunately I don't understand the explanation.  I am simply trying to replicate how LC behaves during a tutorial demonstration before any radial filters are applied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video demo shows how to drag out and move the radial filter in the main edit window. You can check or uncheck the invert box depending whether you want the slider effects applied to the subject or outside of the subject.

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/lightroom-cc/how-to/edit-part-photo-lightroom-cc.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines