Highlighted

Slow Performance after adding Layers

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m editing photos from my Nikon D850 and its pretty good at the beginning. All the normal edits are fast.

But as soon as i have some brush layers or radial linear gradients it slows down a lot.

To the point where editing brush layers or using the heal tool is a pain and when I paint with the brush and then want to change the values I have to wait because it’s buggy and takes some seconds to change the cursor from brush to arrow to use the sliders.

My system should handle this much better? The system load isn’t big either.

Cpu is a Ryzen 2700X eight core overclocked to 3,8gHz

2800MHz 16Gb RAM

GPU -AMD R9 Fury

windows and Lightroom are on a ssd

I just sold my D850 and got a Z6 though. Not because of this but I hope performance will be better considering the photos are only half the size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow Performance after adding Layers

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m editing photos from my Nikon D850 and its pretty good at the beginning. All the normal edits are fast.

But as soon as i have some brush layers or radial linear gradients it slows down a lot.

To the point where editing brush layers or using the heal tool is a pain and when I paint with the brush and then want to change the values I have to wait because it’s buggy and takes some seconds to change the cursor from brush to arrow to use the sliders.

My system should handle this much better? The system load isn’t big either.

Cpu is a Ryzen 2700X eight core overclocked to 3,8gHz

2800MHz 16Gb RAM

GPU -AMD R9 Fury

windows and Lightroom are on a ssd

I just sold my D850 and got a Z6 though. Not because of this but I hope performance will be better considering the photos are only half the size.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jao_vdL LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing a lot of brushes will definitely be hard on your system especially with large megapixel file such as those form a D850 even on high end machines. It will likely be a lot better with the Z6 files indeed. If you brush a lot you might sometimes get better performance if you turn off the GPU acceleration in Lightroom preferences>Performance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines