Highlighted

Slow shutter speeds with Lr camera

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to generate slow shutter speeds (e.g., 10, 20, 30 sec) with the Lr camera?

I've opened the camera, set it to Professional mode and when I tap the shutter speed icon, the slowest I can set is 1/10 sec. 

I want to do some night photography with the phone (Galaxy Note 9) and need slower shutter speeds.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow shutter speeds with Lr camera

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to generate slow shutter speeds (e.g., 10, 20, 30 sec) with the Lr camera?

I've opened the camera, set it to Professional mode and when I tap the shutter speed icon, the slowest I can set is 1/10 sec. 

I want to do some night photography with the phone (Galaxy Note 9) and need slower shutter speeds.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the phone but you should see a "long exposure" mode in the popup menu left of the shutter button. This works differently from a traditional long exposure because it averages frames instead of just exposing longer but should get you the desired effect.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't have that option. I can get up to 10 sec (albeit at a max ISO 800) with the stock Samsung camera app, but only 1/10 sec with any 3rd party app. Very odd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines