Highlighted

Smooth scrolling Lightroom Classic library de-activated?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was always a little disappointed with the mouse scrolling performance in the grid view of the Lightroom Classic library. 
It "jumps" from line to line, instead of scrolling smoothly, which makes it's quite difficult locating pictures while scrolling... 
But I always assumed there was some (technical) reason for that. 

Turn's out there isn't...(?)

When I have Chrome opened in the foreground I can scroll smoothly through my Lightroom Classic library in the background. As soon as I switch back to Lightroom Classic as my active task, scrolling is immediately "unsmoothed". 

(I have a Logitech Master MX and Smooth Scrolling activated, als well as the Logitec Smooth Scrolling chrome-plugin installed).

Is smooth scrolling deliberately de-activated in Lightroom Classic? If yes, WHY?

Or is there an option available to activate smooth scrolling in Lightroom Classic that I've missed?

As I searched the Internet for a solution, it didn't seem as if I was the the only one having this issue, but I guess everybody gave up a while ago (like me...).

What do you think? Can you replicate my "findings".

Or is there a reason for this behavior?

Topics

Bug, Feature request, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Smooth scrolling Lightroom Classic library de-activated?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was always a little disappointed with the mouse scrolling performance in the grid view of the Lightroom Classic library. 
It "jumps" from line to line, instead of scrolling smoothly, which makes it's quite difficult locating pictures while scrolling... 
But I always assumed there was some (technical) reason for that. 

Turn's out there isn't...(?)

When I have Chrome opened in the foreground I can scroll smoothly through my Lightroom Classic library in the background. As soon as I switch back to Lightroom Classic as my active task, scrolling is immediately "unsmoothed". 

(I have a Logitech Master MX and Smooth Scrolling activated, als well as the Logitec Smooth Scrolling chrome-plugin installed).

Is smooth scrolling deliberately de-activated in Lightroom Classic? If yes, WHY?

Or is there an option available to activate smooth scrolling in Lightroom Classic that I've missed?

As I searched the Internet for a solution, it didn't seem as if I was the the only one having this issue, but I guess everybody gave up a while ago (like me...).

What do you think? Can you replicate my "findings".

Or is there a reason for this behavior?

Topics

Bug, Feature request, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don´t have a solution for you, but just want to let you know, it´s the same on my system with the Logitech Master MX and my Edge browser (Win 10). As long as Edge is the active application I can scroll smoothly in LR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines