• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

so i updated lightroom today, and now it crashes on start up, ive restarted, un installed and

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re installed

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

You could try deleting the pref settings. To re-set the prefs  hold  down the two keys Alt & Shift while starting Lightroom. Timing is critical, so keep the keys pressed for a couple of seconds while double-clicking the desktop icon or clicking the taskbar shortcut. When you release the keys you should get a pop-up dialog and you need to click the Yes button. The application should then launch.

N.B. this restores the default preferences so if you have any custom settings e.g. local storage, di

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

I fix that. I just switch off graphic acceleration...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

The same happened with my LR yesterday (05/11/2019) .... Re installation doesn't help... 

Please advise 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will help us to answer your question if you could provide the exact version number you have installed and details of your operating system e.g.
• Windows 10 v1809, MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
• Adobe Photoshop Version: 20.0.6 20190724.r.80 2019/07/24
You can find this from your application menu:
Help >> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

• Widnows 10 Pro v1903
  • Lightroom v3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try deleting the pref settings. To re-set the prefs  hold  down the two keys Alt & Shift while starting Lightroom. Timing is critical, so keep the keys pressed for a couple of seconds while double-clicking the desktop icon or clicking the taskbar shortcut. When you release the keys you should get a pop-up dialog and you need to click the Yes button. The application should then launch.

N.B. this restores the default preferences so if you have any custom settings e.g. local storage, disk usage etc. you will need to update them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get it working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon 

I did it and now LR opens... 

But when i want to load picture to edit, LR crash/close without any alarm or notification....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fix that. I just switch off graphic acceleration...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines