• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Photos Invalid after migrating catalog from Lightroom 6.0

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have migrated my Lightroom 6.0 catalog to Lightroom CC. The originals are stored on NAS folder in line with official instructions and the option to "Store a copy of all originals in a specified locatoin" has been set before the catalog migration.

The migration has completed successfull and Lightroom CC has been busy with syncing the photos to the cloud. Unfortunatelly after syncing 34000 out of 54000 photos it has stopped the synchronization with an error message "Some Photos Invalid".

I've tried the solution provided in the adobe Known Issues DB (LINK) and in some other threads but without success.

Press Ctrl+A (Win) or Command+A (Mac) to select all the photos displaying in the grid and then do any of the following:
- Delete the selected photos by choosing the Edit > Delete option and then
add the photos in Lightroom CC again.
- Apply a flag or a star rating to selected photos.

In case I take the second option to just change a flag or star rating the photo is synchronized but only the metadata, the original is still on local drive only (the NAS).

If I choose the second option the files are added successfully and synchronized to the cloud but I'm losing all edits performed on such photos. And it is very inconvenient for almost 20000 files, not even knowing in which folders they are located.

How can I fix this issue? If this is not resolved I don't see a point in continuing the CC subscription, now I can't even re-import the entire catalog as this can be only done once (not to mention that migration of 400GB in 54000 files is very time consuming even on a fiber channel internet connection.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to post here also (where Lightroom engineers monitor):

Lightroom CC for Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

done that already. Let's see which channel works better but no answer yet at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines