Highlighted

Sometimes Cloud based Lightroom is very unresponsive (windows 10)

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just started to use the cloud based Lightroom with the foto abo and have major problems getting it to run flawlessly on my windows 10 dell high end notebook (Precision 5530, 16gb ram, i5 8400H, 200gb ssd)

Sometimes everything lags so much, like the main menu, when switching from one main root menu item to another while the menu is dropped down, the other menu isn't showing at all. You have to unfocus the menu and explicitly click on the menu item to get it to drop down. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Then another issue: in the login screen you don't see a cursor in the input field textbox, when you enter, it takes up to 20-30 seconds until the characters you typed can be seen.

Then another issue: when you click on a photo on the index, it takes up to 2-3 seconds in a completely unresponsive way until the index is changed, although the photo is already displayed. This can confuse a lot.

Another issue is in the preference menu: it can take up 10-20 seconds until a mouse click is registered.

Can you help?

- disabling GPU usage has no effect. In auto it detects the NVIDIA Quadro P1000

- library is on the internal SSD (>100GB free)

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sometimes Cloud based Lightroom is very unresponsive (windows 10)

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just started to use the cloud based Lightroom with the foto abo and have major problems getting it to run flawlessly on my windows 10 dell high end notebook (Precision 5530, 16gb ram, i5 8400H, 200gb ssd)

Sometimes everything lags so much, like the main menu, when switching from one main root menu item to another while the menu is dropped down, the other menu isn't showing at all. You have to unfocus the menu and explicitly click on the menu item to get it to drop down. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Then another issue: in the login screen you don't see a cursor in the input field textbox, when you enter, it takes up to 20-30 seconds until the characters you typed can be seen.

Then another issue: when you click on a photo on the index, it takes up to 2-3 seconds in a completely unresponsive way until the index is changed, although the photo is already displayed. This can confuse a lot.

Another issue is in the preference menu: it can take up 10-20 seconds until a mouse click is registered.

Can you help?

- disabling GPU usage has no effect. In auto it detects the NVIDIA Quadro P1000

- library is on the internal SSD (>100GB free)

Topics

Bug, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not normal at all. Are you using any antivirus software? If so try turning it off or excluding the local lightroom library on your harddisk. If you have any external disks, phones, etc. connected, try disconnecting them to test. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
ole.vm LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows 11.1.0.15919 but without Program surveillance or Program Control.

I'll try it out.

But yesterday I noticed that the behaviour starts to occur, wenn the creative cloud background job or the sync job is working. And even after it has finished synching the changes, the low responsiveness remained until a windows restart

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines