• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort: Custom Order

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you use "Sort: Custom Order" shown as an option to view photos within an Album? How do you select the parameters to be make a "Custom Sort"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

https://forums.adobe.com/people/ron+zap  wrote

Since you mentioned the other method using mobile devices,  I will see if I can achieve the custom sort via my iPad.  I normally do my editing and prepping of my albums on my computer.

The best place to set Custom Order, IMO, is to use the web application in your browser on the PC. Not only can you set a custom order there, but you can also add text and dividers to make the album much more informative and interesting for the viewer.

If you sync LR Cla

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can manually alter the order in the Album Display Tab at Photo Editor | Online Photoshop Lightroom

If you then view by Custom Order in any part of the Cloud Ecosystem, the order set should be reflected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to say that you can also do it in the Mobile App in Grid View (Sort by Custom and then Edit).

You can add your vote here for a feature request in Lightroom CC Desktop:

Lightroom CC: Ability to sort by custom user order | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the letting me know how to use this feature.  I was only able to do this by using the link you provided to the "Photo Editor".

I do not see how I can custom sort photos in an album using the LR interface on my PC.  Can you let me know if that the link provided is the only way to custom sort albums through a PC?

Since you mentioned the other method using mobile devices,  I will see if I can achieve the custom sort via my iPad.  I normally do my editing and prepping of my albums on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/ron+zap  wrote

The best place to set Custom Order, IMO, is to use the web application in your browser on the PC. Not only can you set a custom order there, but you can also add text and dividers to make the album much more informative and interesting for the viewer.

If you sync LR Classic to the cloud as well, custom order can be set there also and once set the order will sync to all the LRCC apps. In fact the only place that can't yet be used to set a custom order is the LRCC desktop app (though of course you can view the album there using the set custom order).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines