• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SQLite Database Corrupt

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the known issues list, with "contact support" as the only suggestion. Despite what I'm paying for a subscription, the only two support options available ON THE WEEKEND OF LAUNCH are apparently Twitter and these Forums.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I literally just spent from day of launch until now uploading files to the cloud, and can presently access NONE of them on my desktop. Spinning wheels for like an hour now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

I have got some steps for you to follow.

1. Quit Lightroom CC
  2. Navigate to the catalog folder
    1. In Mac Finder, go to Pictures.  Right click on Lightroom library.lrlibrary and choose “Show Package Contents”
    2. In Windows Explorer, go to c:\users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data
  3. You’ll see a folder with a long string of characters for the name.  Open that.
  4. Select any file that starts with “Managed Catalog” and delete or move the files to the desktop location in one single folder. Note: if you se

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not given a solution when I contacted Adobe even though the techie

and his supervisor spent nearly two hours trying to fix it. He told me that

it was a software "bug" that Adobe engineers would fix in the next update.

He refused to estimate when that might be.

Later I received an email that my file was closed because the problem had

been "resolved"! It hasn't been resolved and I have no idea when it will be.

It seems that the software was released prematurely given that I cannot

even upload photo files from memory cards - the most basic first step. I

find this astonishingly inept and deplorable.

Now I received another email asking me if my problem was fixed when Adobe

knows perfectly well it is not fixed!

I don't even have Lightroom 6 any more because Lightroom CC replaced it.

This is a massive screw-up. Why was the software released when it won't

even allow photo files to be downloaded?

Geoff McDade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone

I have indeed found a solution: after ~5 years and more than $4'000 spent on Creative Cloud, I have cancelled my Adobe subscription. Please see below for alternatives.

But first, I would like to be clear that this decision isn't just due to a software bug - it is due to the consistently and famously terrible support, which is inexcusable given the investment demanded from customers. At this price point, Apple should be Adobe's reference for service. Instead, no contact option except forums is provided, where A) it takes days for a reply and B) problems aren't resolved, without any form of compensation offered. As a comparison, I've spent about the same amount on Apple products over the same time span, and have had a MacBook, two iPhones, an iPad and an Apple Watch replaced free of charge. At this point, if they aren't able to solve the problem, Adobe should be handing out free subscriptions - years at a time.

With that said:

- Apple's Photos app in macOS High Sierra, especially along with extensions and iOS apps from Affinity (see below), is a great replacement for Lightroom and offers the same sync functionality (if you're on Apple products, that is).

- I've been testing Affinity Photo for a week, which at $70 one-off fulfills nearly all of my Photoshop needs. I understand this might be an issue for others who might need to use Photoshop in a company, for instance, but luckily not for me. Affinity also offers Photos extension that bring editing features on par to Lightroom, and their iPad app is far superior to the weirdly separated mobile solutions Adobe provides. I would encourage anyone to give it a good try.

- I've switched from Premiere Pro to Final Cut (this is a whole other story - after not being able to move projects with assets, and no solution from Adobe for ages, I had switched to a Photography plan just recently anyway).

In addition, the new Pixelmator Pro does not seem to be quite 'Pro' yet, at least not as a full Photoshop alternative, but for RAW editing and general selection and retouching it can easily compete with both Lightroom and Photoshop. Pending their iPad version, I will be looking at that app as well. Even if I bought all of these apps, I'd still be saving hundreds of dollars - and getting superior support from motivated developers.

If Adobe ever improves their customer service - gaining an appropriate reputation for it - and perhaps brings their pricing back to earth (e.g. selling the Photography plan for 9.99 INCLUDING the 1TB cloud storage, as the advertising clearly implies, instead of doubling the price on customers at checkout), I'll look at their products again. Until then, valid alternatives have finally begun arriving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so so much! This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me with a similar problem that had bugged me for weeks. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My last post was premature as I am now getting SQLite dB corruption error messages. will all the posts above has this problem been solved or not. If so what is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2018 Mar 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange I have the same problem and following the advise I get only a map called 'user' with two files with long strings. Open these files give: oz-user-ec2a238869c16b8772524806537daa57 and oz-user-ec2a238869c16b8772524806537daa57.wfindex. I don't know what to do ?

Anton Reurink

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue! Thank you SO MUCH for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered the same issue after I migrated all of my content from a MacBook Pro to a new iMac using Apple's Migration Assistant . I performed the migration using Time Machine backups, as the Migration Assistant calls for.

I'm perplexed as to why LRCC didn't rebuild the local SQL Lite database exactly as it existed on my MacBook Pro, however, since the LRCC library.lrlibrary contents are exactly the same. Are there a device-specifc references?

Now, I'm going through the fix process Mohit described above. I have no idea, however, what the status of my SQL Lite database re-build is though ... I just see the spinning blue circle. No progress bar, no status messages, etc. As a former long-time DBA, I find this very frustrating!

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 25, 2018 Mar 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update - After 12 hours of syncing, I still have no idea as to where my LRCC rebuild stands. I can see all of my albums but each still show 0 photos. I tried using the following recommended method from the LRCC forum to determine my status, to no avail.

Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever | Photoshop Family Customer Community

FWIW - I think Adobe could learn some lessons from other cloud providers. This isn't rocket science anymore...

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2. 30 hours later, still no evidence of anything downloading; e.g., all albums still show 0 photos, Blue circle still spinning and hover-over cloud icon still shows "Performing initial download" which I think is an unacceptable response with no additional status info.

Time to contact Lightroom CC Support. Fingers crossed. I've got a huge investment in time, bandwidth and content and was just about to launch a new Portfolio site.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last update. After engaging Adobe tech support (the rep was very helpful) and letting the "...initial download" proceed for many more hours, it now appears that my local LRCC instance is once again sync'd and operational. I'm not sure yet if/what Adobe did on their side to resolve the issue since I haven't received an email/call back yet to close the ticket. Now, on to wrap up my Portfolio work.

- Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it just fix my Lightroom cc and Adobe could not thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YEP, same thing is happening to me.  how did they take a working product at make it completely worthless minus a huge headache in workarounds after hours of research is you will be extremely lucky to get past this SQlite database corrupt.  can't even upload one single photo.   worthless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot, sir! it helped!

kind regards, Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue as others, however I am able to view my existing images in Lightroom but cannot upload new ones and have the same error message come up. I am running on Windows 10, with around 30gbs free and have tried following the steps posted, but am unable to locate the folder referred to.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines