• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Square thumbnails and date help when scrolling through all photos in Lightroom mobile?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of issues with Lightroom for Mobile (iOS) and wonder if anyone has a solution (or if a feature request is warranted). Right now I hesitate to migrate my library into a 1TB subscription simply because of these issues.

1. I much prefer square (cropped) thumbnails, instead of showing thumbnails with the images' true aspect ratio. The reason is that I wish all photos to get the same screen rela estate to make them equally easy to spot. Now, portrait photos now get so small, it is hard to see them when scrolling through my photos. ALso I think it just looks more stylish with square thumbnails.

2. When I scroll through all photos, I often need some kind of navigation support to understand where along the time line I am at, e.g. the date or month of the current thumbnails. I know I can segment by month, but that hides the majority of my photos which I do not want. Sometimes I wish to browse for a photo that I know was "a while back", perhaps 3-5 months ago and I simply cannot find a good way to do this.

Almost every other mobile photo library app that I have tried suits me better, e.g. iOS Photos, Google Photos, Mylio, Synology Moments, Dropbox etc. But I love the convenience of a private cloud for my photos, with good RAW editing capabilities and great for sharing with friends and family. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 From All Photos, click the three dots (top-right) and choose view options. You will see three choices for thumbnail size. There is no choice for square, but try small. I find it displays portrait aspect and landscape photos very well.

I suggest you create a new post at the feedback forum for the Lightroom cloud version, where the Adobe engineers will get to see it. Then bookmark the page to follow. If others add their vote for square thumbnails it may get included as a feature in a future update.

2 Segmentation is probably best but sometimes I simply click the search icon and type 2019 into the search box and click the search button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

2. When I scroll through all photos, I often need some kind of navigation support to understand where along the time line I am at, e.g. the date or month of the current thumbnails. I know I can segment by month, but that hides the majority of my photos which I do not want. Sometimes I wish to browse for a photo that I know was "a while back", perhaps 3-5 months ago and I simply cannot find a good way to do this.

By @pontus.svard

I couldn't find an existing idea for date navigation support in Lightroom for iOS (#2 above), so I just created this one: 

Vote for it if you agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines