• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Start LR CC and keep separate from LR6 standalone

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR6 and now will have to go to CC version. I have made a mess by not cataloging/filing and want to put the new CC vesion on my EHD separate from LR6 and perhaps this time start anew, and with help and training I will make have a better system this time. But, can I do this? My imac is home for LR6 and backed up to my 10TB EHD G-Drive (by timemachine) which is where I would like to put the new CC when I subscribe. I will not use the cloud at all for any storage.

Is this feasible? Or will there be constant conflict? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Try to forget the label "CC" which Adobe have phased out and which confuses everyone.

As you say "I will not use the cloud at all for any storage", avoid the program they call "Lightroom" which is cloud-dependent and is the only app in their "Lightroom Plan". You need to upgrade to what Adobe call "Lightroom Classic" which is LR9 and works just like the LR6 have before. You can have it and LR6 on the same system, and you'll see a message about upgrading your catalogue. It creates a new copy of y

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

You can 'hide' your "old" catalog away and Lr-Classic will simply start a new empty catalog when it starts.

Or- You always have the Menu: File>New Catalog... at any time.

But WHY would you want to lose all the work you have done in LR 6??

(it would be like writing a book, discarding it, and starting over at page 1)

Do NOT delete your Lr-6 catalog! Lr-Classic would make a copy of your Lr6 catalog anyway to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to forget the label "CC" which Adobe have phased out and which confuses everyone.

As you say "I will not use the cloud at all for any storage", avoid the program they call "Lightroom" which is cloud-dependent and is the only app in their "Lightroom Plan". You need to upgrade to what Adobe call "Lightroom Classic" which is LR9 and works just like the LR6 have before. You can have it and LR6 on the same system, and you'll see a message about upgrading your catalogue. It creates a new copy of your catalogue and leaves the LR6 one untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Is it possible to not upgrade my "old" catalogue as I want to have a new start with this version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can 'hide' your "old" catalog away and Lr-Classic will simply start a new empty catalog when it starts.

Or- You always have the Menu: File>New Catalog... at any time.

But WHY would you want to lose all the work you have done in LR 6??

(it would be like writing a book, discarding it, and starting over at page 1)

Do NOT delete your Lr-6 catalog! Lr-Classic would make a copy of your Lr6 catalog anyway to upgrade.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I want to keep the old catalogue, I just don't want it "mingled" with a new catalogue with LR9. If this is possible that is....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again- why do you not want all your previous (editing, keywording, collections, books, etc,) work to be in the Lr9 catalog?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines