Highlighted

starts to "initial download" and hangs up at 36 gigs

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with Adobe CC lightroom.. it starts to "initial download" and hangs up at 36 gigs of 1.5 terabit point and refuses to go go any further. I am attempting to download to a 3 terabit storage disk..?? Whats up ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

starts to "initial download" and hangs up at 36 gigs

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem with Adobe CC lightroom.. it starts to "initial download" and hangs up at 36 gigs of 1.5 terabit point and refuses to go go any further. I am attempting to download to a 3 terabit storage disk..?? Whats up ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 21, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branched from Adobe CC annoyingly slow??  and moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Lightroom — The cloud-based photo service

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 22, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi frogpoet5612Bruce,

Sorry to hear that you cannot download your Lightroom library as it gets stuck initially while downloading the 1.5 Terabyte of data.

It's possible that the application is trying to sync some images to the cloud but that's not getting completed. Please try these steps and let us know it helps:

• In the My Photos area in the left pane, select the All Photos album.
  • Switch to the Square Grid view (), which displays photos as equal-sized thumbnails along with their flag status, sync status, and rating.
  • While holding down the Alt key (Win) or Option key (Mac), click the cloud icon (). Lightroom CC now displays only those photos that it's trying to sync.
  • Press Ctrl+A (Win) or Command+A (Mac) to select all the photos displaying in the grid and then do any of the following:
  • Delete the selected photos by choosing the Edit > Delete option and then add the photos in Lightroom CC again.
  • Apply a flag or a star rating to selected photos.
  • The syncing issue should now be resolved. To check the sync status, click the cloud icon () at the upper-right corner.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I tried your sugestion and it did NOT help. I am getting very frustrated with  the CC system. I spent over 4 hours about a week ago hassling with the phone support people and now this CC system will not work for me any way… what can you get done or your cohorts or shall I just ask  that you bundle up all of the photos that your system has of mine. send them to me via whatever method you can get them to me with (CD-flash stick- etc) and mail tham to me at my home address of:    {........} then  unsubscribe me from the CC system and stop taking your monthly payments from my account with Pay Pal.  I AM GETTING REAL TIRED OF PAYING FOR A SYSTEM/service THAT DOES NOT WOR CORRECTLY!

{Personal details removed by Moderator}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

frogpoet5612Bruce

When you say download, I guess you are referring to uploading Photos into Lightroom CC Desktop (and thus to the Cloud) and not downloading the Application itself?

If you are trying to import the Photos into Lightroom CC, then it may be worth trying in smaller chunks as the Application makes a Copy before it uploads to the Cloud and maybe be causing space issues locally? (The amount of space used is managed dynamically and set  the preferences)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. when i said I meant when Lightroom CC is downloading from its data base to me. I can not get any of my photos to upload into Lightroom CC due to a “fatal Crash” of the Lightroom cc system.

It is just not letting me do anything till maybe it can its terabit of stuff which it wont do because it locks up at the 36gig point. This is why I have been using a stand alone version of lightroom 5 and not the CC stuff because I was not reading wanting mu stuff to get lost out in cyberspace. And thats what has just become apparent to me is that some terabit of info/photos has been lost to me because of your CC fault.

Can you or your cohorts get that data/photos sent to me somehow? I cannot get into any CC photo handling without a major foul-up of some kind!!!!!!

Please Help,

Bruce

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the CC stuff because of another fellows praise of how he no longer had to have home storage of all his photos. I hope he never gets slapped with this sort of thing or he will have lost all his photos, most of which is really expert work.

BA Howard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0
selondon LATEST
Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Most of those that post on here are users like yourself, trying to help other users. There are some Staff, although mostly not from the engineering team.

Can you provide any screengrabs of error messages to help the 'community' solve your issue? (Personally, I still cannot figure out the your exact problem).

You can see any Photos that are already uploaded to the Cloud at http://lightroom.adobe.com​ if that helps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 23, 2019 0