• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Storing All Lightroom Photos on a Promise Pegasus

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently upgraded from Classic Lightroom to the online version.  I have 4 TB of professional photographs stored on my Promise Pegasus and I want to use that location as my storage and backup versus the cloud (based on the large size).  Lightroom appears very unhappy with me and every time I launch the program is attempting to copy the files from their current location on the Pegasus back to the Pegasus.  The process fails and I am left doing it over again the next time I log in.  Any suggestions here?  I have already gone to the Creative cloud preferences and paused the syncing online.  Your help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on my own experience; I found that when I set the local directory location in the settings; it actually stores the photos in a folder a couple levels under that.  It puts them there when you do the import.   It also creates a folder structure based on date to locally store the images.   So manually dropping them without (bypassing) importing may not work.

Do you have enough space to let it duplicate them all during import; then when you are happy, delete the originals (after a backup)

But 4TB?  That all hs to sync to the cloud; will take a pretty long time.  If I am understanding you want to Not store them in the cloud?  Then there is little point in useing Lightroom CC.   Lightroom Classic is more feature rich, espcially for large volume stores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you purchase 4TB  of cloud storage? What method are you using to move your photos to Lightroom from Lightroom Classic? 
If you succeed in getting photos uploaded to the cloud, those photos will download back to your computer again when you open Classic if the sync function is turned on in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines