• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface Book and Lightroom performance

Participant ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone using the original 2015 Surface Book with Lightroom CC? I love using LR on my 2015 iPad Pro 12.9 but the Surface Book would also have the benefit of using the Windows version of LR and it can be used as a PC for work.

Not seen many reviews but there are a few complaints about lag and the original Surface Book was very underwhelming at the time. I wonder if the basic dual core i3, 8GB RAM SB will feel outdated and laggy Vs my iPad from the same year.

I am guessing waiting and going for the i7 16 GB RAM Surface Book 2 or 3 will be the only way to get it running as smoothly as on the iPad?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Surface book 2 and 3 should both be able to run Lightroom effectively. One major difference between iPad and Surface Pro is that Surface Pro uses the full desktop version of Lightroom and Lightroom Classic whereas iPad doesn't and this is a major advantage of this Windows device.

Just sharing this article as an individual as I liked it personally and might be helpful: https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/best-tablets-for-photo-editing 

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Akash, but I was asking about the Surface Book 1, not the Pro or other versions. And the device I am asking about isn't in your link to an affiliate website either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines