• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surprising Lightroom behavior

Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a library filter preset called "rectangular" which selects all images having a non-square aspect ratio. As I was reviewing the filter results, I selected one of the images and went to Develop module.  In Develop, I selected the crop tool.  As soon as I chose the 1:1 aspect ratio, the image area went blank.  Back in the grid view of filter results, the rectangular image count had decreased by 1 and the image in question was no longer among the results.  I later found that the selected image had been cropped square without my ever having touched the crop overlay.  Maybe it's not a bug, but it's definitely surprising behavior

It seems to me that, once in Develop, I should be able to make any and all adjustments, irrespective of the Library filter results from which the image was selected. Upon return to the Library module, I expect to see the image missing from the filter results if my adjustments have invalidated the filter criteria.  But not until then.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the filter has been enabled then the filter is going to work as soon as the image meets the criteria of the filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image disappeared out from under me before I even touched the crop overlay.  This is definitely not expected behavior. It should at least wait until I click the Done button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filters work in all modules, so what you expect would actually be illogical benavior.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines