Highlighted

Switched macs Lightroom classic doesn't see all photos on external hard drive

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Macbook Pro has crashed. (insert scream here) Everything is on an external hard drive that I regularly back up.  I switched to using my iMac, opened Creative Cloud, updated Lightroom Classic (have never used it on this computer), opened Lightroom Classic, and another scream!!!  I see my hard drive, but only 2015 and 2016  files are there with the shadowed arrow beside the files inside.  I can clearly see the rest of the files on the hard drive, but not in lightroom.  I'm not a computer wiz, and I am not fluent in Lightroom.  Someone help???

running macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Mac mini (Late 2012)

2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Switched macs Lightroom classic doesn't see all photos on external hard drive

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Macbook Pro has crashed. (insert scream here) Everything is on an external hard drive that I regularly back up.  I switched to using my iMac, opened Creative Cloud, updated Lightroom Classic (have never used it on this computer), opened Lightroom Classic, and another scream!!!  I see my hard drive, but only 2015 and 2016  files are there with the shadowed arrow beside the files inside.  I can clearly see the rest of the files on the hard drive, but not in lightroom.  I'm not a computer wiz, and I am not fluent in Lightroom.  Someone help???

running macOS Catalina 10.15.1

Mac mini (Late 2012)

2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was your catalog file on the external hard drive or on your Mac Book Pro? If it seems not be complete; right mouse click on the folder which contains the pictures and "sync" to import/complete the catalogue....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 10, 2020 0