Highlighted

Sync'd photos from Lightroom CC and Classic

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why do I need to have Lightroom Classic sync my Lightroom CC files but download them all?  This essentially created an entire duplicate library of photos that I already have on my PC.  I upload all my photos to my PC and then I will uploaded some or even many of them on Lightroom CC so they are in the cloud and I can use my laptop tpo access them.  Thats pretty much the design from my understanding and works fine.  If I delete the file it deletes from the cloud, not my PC where it was uploaded from.

Now comes the wasted space problem.  I use Lightroom Classic because it is better and it sync's from my Lightroom CC cloud, that makes sense and is what I want.  I have one picture edited and can edity from my PC in Classic or CC and also in CC on my laptop..  Why does classic have to download all the files to my PC again.  I have the 1 TB Creative Cloud space so now I have about 550 Gb of photos on my Lightroom Classic hard drive that I already have in my regular PC hard drive.  Why does it not work like the CC version where its only using the phot that was uploaded to the cloud?

Can't be the only one buying new Hard Drives for no reason!

Topics

Feature request, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync'd photos from Lightroom CC and Classic

New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why do I need to have Lightroom Classic sync my Lightroom CC files but download them all?  This essentially created an entire duplicate library of photos that I already have on my PC.  I upload all my photos to my PC and then I will uploaded some or even many of them on Lightroom CC so they are in the cloud and I can use my laptop tpo access them.  Thats pretty much the design from my understanding and works fine.  If I delete the file it deletes from the cloud, not my PC where it was uploaded from.

Now comes the wasted space problem.  I use Lightroom Classic because it is better and it sync's from my Lightroom CC cloud, that makes sense and is what I want.  I have one picture edited and can edity from my PC in Classic or CC and also in CC on my laptop..  Why does classic have to download all the files to my PC again.  I have the 1 TB Creative Cloud space so now I have about 550 Gb of photos on my Lightroom Classic hard drive that I already have in my regular PC hard drive.  Why does it not work like the CC version where its only using the phot that was uploaded to the cloud?

Can't be the only one buying new Hard Drives for no reason!

Topics

Feature request, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic relies on all images being local. So syncing will always download the images. Lightroom Cloudy relies on the master images being in the cloud. Unfortunately the cloud version misses most essential features that Classic has but Classic cannot do the cloud syncing the same way that Cloudy does. I think this is all by design but leaves all of us with a real conundrum. If you want the features of Classic, you cannot do the cloud syncing and you need disk space for all your images locally. Adobe has announced they will not upgrade the cloud syncing in Classic anymore. If you want to tell them you should go to https://feedback.photoshop.com and add your voice. That is the site where Adobe looks for feature requests and bug reports. There are many threads there on this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have discovered why it is not recommended to use both Lightroom and Lightroom Classic together. Classic requires that your images are on a local hard drive. Lightroom requires that they are in the cloud. They are two different applications, with two different workflows. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines