Highlighted

Sync folder to Lighroom

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I sync a folder in a collection in Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC? Is that only possible with a "normal" collection or with a smart collection as well? When I start creating a smart collection, there is no syncing option to check on or off. That is only possible when I create a "normal" collection. Does that mean that I have to put every photo I want to sync manually in this folder?

Yes that's how it works in Classic. Smart previews are sent to the cloud. In Lightroom (current version 3.1) all originals are sent to the cloud.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync folder to Lighroom

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I sync a folder in a collection in Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC? Is that only possible with a "normal" collection or with a smart collection as well? When I start creating a smart collection, there is no syncing option to check on or off. That is only possible when I create a "normal" collection. Does that mean that I have to put every photo I want to sync manually in this folder?

Yes that's how it works in Classic. Smart previews are sent to the cloud. In Lightroom (current version 3.1) all originals are sent to the cloud.

TOPICS
How to, Import and share, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. But my question was if it’s possible to sync smart collections.
--
Thomas Wyser
foto-wyser
Flickr

[Some private info removed by Moderator]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2020 1