Highlighted

Sync from LR cloud to LR Classic painfully slow

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I travel I use LR Mobile on my iPad and while I am sleeping and out and about the photos that I imported to LR Mobile on my iPad make their way onto LR Cloud.  At the end of my most recent trip I have ended up with 38GB of photos in my LR Cloud storage, the number of images in "All Photos" on LR Mobile and the number of images in LR Cloud are the same.  So I am pretty sure that everything on my LR Mobile is also in my LR Cloud.

As soon as I got back from my trip I bought a brand new iMac with 64GB RAM and 2TB SSD. 

I  restored all my photos and catalog from my most recent backup

I installed version 9.4 of LR Classic

I launched LR Classic for the first time by double clicking onto my resored lrcat file and verified that everything in LR Classic on my new iMac is a just as it was on my old iMac. After I completed restoring all my files and software my SSD is 80% empty.

While I was verifying my restored environmrnt I noted that the SYNC had started and the LR Cloud collections and images were starting to appear in LR Classic.  I went to my LR Classic preferences and confirmed that "Prevent system sleep during sync" was checked.

Over  21 hours later 333 images out of over 1800 have arrived in LR Classic which is 8.2GB out of my 38GB. Which suggests that my sync is working at less than 1mbps and that it will take another 80 hours to complete the sync.

I have a 50mbps download service.  I have paused my sync from time to time and done a number of speed tests which variy at different times of day from around 40mbps to around 20mbps.  Even assuming a scenario of 10mbps average download speed for all those 21 hours, all my photos should have been in LR Classic on my iMac in around 8 hrs.

Is there any kind of setting or option that can improve this dreadful download performance?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

TOPICS
Performance, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sync from LR cloud to LR Classic painfully slow

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I travel I use LR Mobile on my iPad and while I am sleeping and out and about the photos that I imported to LR Mobile on my iPad make their way onto LR Cloud.  At the end of my most recent trip I have ended up with 38GB of photos in my LR Cloud storage, the number of images in "All Photos" on LR Mobile and the number of images in LR Cloud are the same.  So I am pretty sure that everything on my LR Mobile is also in my LR Cloud.

As soon as I got back from my trip I bought a brand new iMac with 64GB RAM and 2TB SSD. 

I  restored all my photos and catalog from my most recent backup

I installed version 9.4 of LR Classic

I launched LR Classic for the first time by double clicking onto my resored lrcat file and verified that everything in LR Classic on my new iMac is a just as it was on my old iMac. After I completed restoring all my files and software my SSD is 80% empty.

While I was verifying my restored environmrnt I noted that the SYNC had started and the LR Cloud collections and images were starting to appear in LR Classic.  I went to my LR Classic preferences and confirmed that "Prevent system sleep during sync" was checked.

Over  21 hours later 333 images out of over 1800 have arrived in LR Classic which is 8.2GB out of my 38GB. Which suggests that my sync is working at less than 1mbps and that it will take another 80 hours to complete the sync.

I have a 50mbps download service.  I have paused my sync from time to time and done a number of speed tests which variy at different times of day from around 40mbps to around 20mbps.  Even assuming a scenario of 10mbps average download speed for all those 21 hours, all my photos should have been in LR Classic on my iMac in around 8 hrs.

Is there any kind of setting or option that can improve this dreadful download performance?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

TOPICS
Performance, Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Mr__Foot LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on this problem:

Overnight I got twice as many images down as the night before, so I did some more Pause-Sync and Download-speed-tests today and discovered that performance fluctuated significantly and at times was as less than 1mbps.  I then connected my iMac to my phone's hotspot for about 30 minutes and the performance was much better. I think that shown my 50gbps NBN internet service is the cause of this and not the  LR Cloud.

Thanks - case closed I think

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 27, 2020 0