Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync from LR mobile to LR Clasic has stopped

Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Syncing from Lightroom mobile to Lightroom Classic seems to have stopped.

I am collating pictures from a recent holiday and I shared some photos from my wife's iPhone, spanning three days, to mine. They appeared in the Photos app on my phone and also in Lightroom mobile. Lightroom Clasic attempted a sync, but only the last two photos were synced.

I have stopped and restarted the sync and closed and reopened both LR Classic and LR mobile, but the sync does not resume.

Preferences>Lightroom Sync is showing no activity in progress.

The only chaneg I made is to reorganise my filing structure. Until today I had the Catalog on one external drive and the sync pointing to another external drive. Today I repointed the sync location so that it is on the same drive as the Catalog (after copying files from the original sync location).

Is there a way of forcing sync to restart and add the new photos into my catalog?

I use a MacBook Pro, running Catalina, for my desktop activities.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

All photographs is here in Classic:

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 10.56.17 AM.png

That the albums show up in different locations in the collections area in Classic is normal. It normally intermixes them with the non-synced collections. The little doublesided arrows next to the name is what shows which ones are synced with Lightroom in the cloud.

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.00.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are sure that you're logged onto the same account and that searching for the missing files in all photographs doesn't turn them up (they might not be where you expect them), go into Classic's preferences and in the sync tab. Hold your alt/option button and new buttons should appear on the bottom right of the interface. One of them says "rebuild sync data". Hit that and see if it brings in the missing images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for that reply. Unfortunately, nothing has changed, I still don't see the photos in my sync location in LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they visible on https://lightroom.adobe.com ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can see them on adobe.com. So the send to my iPhone has copied them up properly, they just aren't copying roperly to my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you are sure you are looking in the right location? Search the "all photographs" collection in Classic for the filename. If it is a few images, you can download them from the website and import from there but that is a bit of a hack and not how it should work indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an 'all photographs' colection. I have a collection folder for 'From Lightroom CC' with a folder for the only album I created in the mobile app. Do I need to create an 'all photographs' album on my phone.

Also, are you saying the fix is to download from the web and copy the files into my source folders that feed into Lightroom? I don't see an import option for that, so I'm assuming you mean for me to do that manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic always has one. It is built-in. Look at the left panel all the way at the top. All images that are in Classic, included all synced images show up there. There is also a special all synced images collection there. I referred you there as you initially said you moved the sync location around and that could cause your synced images to not be in the folder or collection that you were expecting but they should always show up in all photographs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to expand on my last post.

I actually have 2 albums on my phone, but only 1 shows in the Collections in LR Classic.

Also, on my phone I have a section called 'All Photos' but that does not appear as a Collection in LR Clasic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, I do see the photos in the All Photos collection on my phone. But not on my MacBook.

And, weirdly, the 2 albums on my phone do appear in Classic, but one of them does not appear under the From Lightroom CC holder, it is listed elsewhere, after all my Smart Collections. Strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All photographs is here in Classic:

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 10.56.17 AM.png

That the albums show up in different locations in the collections area in Classic is normal. It normally intermixes them with the non-synced collections. The little doublesided arrows next to the name is what shows which ones are synced with Lightroom in the cloud.

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 11.00.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, I was looking under Collections.

I found the photos. I did look there in Finder but they weren't there. But they have now appeared, so they obviously updated after I checked, but rather slowly (I've seen other posts on that issue).

So thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines