• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Lightroom CC with Adobe Portfolio

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a website set up through the Adobe Portfolio.

Does anyone know how to set it up so that a collection I have synced in lightroom CC with lightroom mobile, can also be synced to my website Adobe Portfolio?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

In Portfolio, go to the Manage Content section. Add a new "integration" and point to a Lightroom collection - you can choose any synced collection.

If you subsequently change the pictures in that collection, you need to go into Portfolio and update the collection.

See Introducing Portfolio’s New Integration With Adobe Lightroom | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that isn't possible at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Portfolio, go to the Manage Content section. Add a new "integration" and point to a Lightroom collection - you can choose any synced collection.

If you subsequently change the pictures in that collection, you need to go into Portfolio and update the collection.

See Introducing Portfolio’s New Integration With Adobe Lightroom | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only works with Lightroom Classic. That is not in Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this applies to LRCC or Classic. LRCC "albums" are simply called "collections" in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't participate in these forums much at all, and really only in this one right now because i am (and we are) new to LR CC....

this is the second time i have noticed you providing flat out wrong information with authority.....if you don't know the answer or aren't sure, why post?

this forum is confusing enough as it is....without ACPs throwing out wrong information.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related question: When I import an album from Lightroom to my Adobe Portfolio, I'm unable to choose a sort. The imported album's default sort is by capture date (oldest-to-newest) but I need the album to sync so that the sort is newest-to-oldest on my Adobe Portfolio. So far I can't get this to work. I've discovered that I'm able to manually sort the images, or sort alphabetically, but neither of these solves my problem. Do you have any recommendations?

Edit: A few additional details. Adobe Portfolio seems to have its own sort algorithm or something; I noticed it put my higher-star-rated photos first, but otherwise went by old-to-new capture date. When I updated my star ratings in my Lightroom album, then selected "Reset from Lightroom", the order didn't change. What I ultimately want is to just have a simple new-to-old capture date sort, and new items added to the album, when Reset, get added in the correct order (the top).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting your sort order in LrWeb (lightroom.adobe.com) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am also missing this feature. When importing an album for Lightroom CC, Portfolio does not keep the sort order of Lightroom CC. Nor is it possible to change the sort order in Portfolio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I follow that updates in LR Collections "should" sync with Portfolio, however it does not sync any newly added contenct.

a) I have tried: stopping and restarting the Sync processor in LR CC Classic

b) Manage Content with the already installed integrated LR library folder by "Reset fromLR" command.

c) Update Live Site.

d) Flushing my caches and reloading the site.

It does not add any new images added to the Collection.

I believe the Reset from Lightroom only works for deleted images ( if that is logical).

Can you check this out and in addition see when we will be able to Sync Smart Collections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it works just fine....i make separate albums for this reason.....

the sorting is an issue....since LR CC won't let me do a custom sort (drag and drop) and the available options don't work for me, i have to manually change the order in portfolio which is not an ideal situation.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the exact same issue, except my images are displaying in a completely random order when sync'd from Lightroom Classic. All the resources I've checked out claim that with the new integration, your images will appear in the order you have them within Lightroom, but none of my grids are the proper order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

You might be interested in this work-around I have found for publishing Lightroom albums to Adobe Portfolio and have Portfolio to display the images in the same user-defined sort order like the Lightroom album.

So, the work-around goes like this:

1. In Lightroom Classic CC, create your album, define your user defined sort order, and choose the cover image for the album.
  2. Then sync this album to the cloud.
  3. Next, still in Lightroom Classic CC, click on "Help" in the menu ribbon and choose "Lightroom CC for Web" or "Show synchronized albums in the internet" - I do not know exactly, how the menu item is called in the English version, because I am working with the German version. In German the menu item is called "Synchronisierte Sammlungen im Internet anzeigen".
  4. If you click on this menu item, the browser version of Lightroom CC will open in your browser.
  5. In this browser version, go to the album you have just synchronized and change the sort order to user-defined sort order.
  6. Then, still in the browser version, click on the three-point-menu in the right hand upper corner and choose "Send to Portfolio" (in German this is called "An Portfolio senden").
  7. This will open your Adobe Portfolio and will add a new page in your portfolio that displays the images of your Lightroom album. The Portfolio page will have the user defined sort order you have defined for the album in Lightroom Classic CC.

This work-around works like a charm for me. I hope, that it will work for you, too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks - this workaround (for the defunct resetting of LR album in portfolio) works fine for me!

"The picture must be made now.", Tim Carpenter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a star 🤙 Thank you so much 💖

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still good advice three years later!  Thank you!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Adobe Lightroom Albums on Adobe Portfolio

Portfolio’s new Integration allows you to select any of the Lightroom Albums you’ve created and import the images to a Page on Adobe Portfolio. The entire Album will be transformed into a Photo Grid within a new Page. You can edit the new Photo Grid to reorder or delete an image. As with every Page, you can add additional text, images, videos, or embedded content.' Read more here:

https://medium.com/behance-blog/introducing-portfolios-new-integration-with-adobe-lightroom-642f7dff...

Hope this is helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still seeing the original problem which started this thread. I have created a number of albums and successfully published them to my Adobe portfolio website. But - if I change anything in the source album it is not synchronised to the published website. The only way I have found to do it is to share the album again and delte the original one - this is a poor way to have to do this.

I am using Creative Cloud V3.1 on a Mac OS10.15.2.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to change a photo from color to B&W in LR and it did change in the album on Portfolio. I only go this to work once lol. You for sure can't add or remove from LR, as you said. Your workaround is the only way. Super annoying.

Though I don't think it is a bug. I think when I published my first album from LR to Portfolio it did tell me that changed made. I kinda get why this is, but I think I should still be able to force a sync. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines