Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronizing with mac - saving pics and vids locally

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently worked on my Win10-Laptop with Lightroom but want to switch back to my iMac.

Currently, I synchronize all videos and pictures to my iMac. I want them to be stored locally on my harddrive. The amount is ~380 GB.

Downloading all the files needs more then three weeks now. That's way to long, it really should be finished already (70Mbit internetspeed). Is there any way to see how far the process is? How many pictures/videos still needs to be downloaded or at least a percentage of how much of the process is done already?

Thanks and kind regards

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin, 

If you are using the Cloud Based Lightroom then you only need to log in for your photos to sync to that machine.

If you also want to store a copy of the originals locally, then I dont think there is smy other option but to wait for them to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Selondon,

with a download-speed of 10Mbit (and I can download with 70Mbit measured) the download of 380GB should have been ready after 90 hours. Which is a max. of four days.

I wait for more than 21 days now. And there is no way to figure out how much already is downloaded. And if there is still any progress. It could be 1% or 99,9%, I don't see it on first glance in Lightroom. Of course, I can compare the size of the downloadfolder, but why is there no way that Lightroom gives some information about the progress?

To make it clear: This lack of functionality is one of the reasons why I switch back to Apple Fotos. I'm a Lightroom CC user from the beginning and was willing to pay for the development, but there are still so many things missing that my patience is over.

Kind regards

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines