• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing between Lr's headache, can't get it through...

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm pretty sure, questions about syncing between Lr CC and Lr Classic have already been asked, I went trough some but couldn't find a thread that could answer all my questions, so I apologies if I'm repeating on questions.

So here we go:

1)Syncing from Lr CC to Classic - When syncing Lr Classic to Lr CC, which cause it to download all the photos from the cloud to my PC, is it possible to decide which folders/albums I want to sync?

Because some photo copies I'd want to keep as a hard copy on my PC and some I don't mind staying only on the cloud, or cos I just don't have enough free space on my drive.

I thought I've solve it by unchecking the 'sync' checkbox next to the collections that started appearing(albums from Lr CC), but no, photos kept being downloaded to the 'Imported Photos' folder and filling up my drive.

My Cloud storage is almost over and I want to move some of the photos to my PC, but not all of them.

2)Syncing from Lr Classic to CC - I've learned that in order to sync photos from Lr Classic to CC and on the cloud, I have to create smart collection and check the 'sync' checkbox, after that, every photo that I'll add to this collection will sync with Lr CC.

Once I have a photo in that collection, I now must start syncing, but by doping that I'm also enabling syncing on the opposite direction(Question#1).

3)My Catalogs - When I've lunched Lr Classic on my PC it asked me something about to which catalog I want it to connect. I'd like to know how and where I can browse through my catalogs, and see what's on each of them.

4) In my Imported Photos on the right side(Lr Classic) I can see that my Ipad appears twice, why is that? Is it cos somehow I've created two different catalogs on my Ipad and each 'Imported Photos' is connected to a different catalog?

Please help me understand this witchcraft...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. No you cannot select what will sync. Everything in the cloud will get downloaded.

2. You can’t sync smart collections - only normal collections will sync. For the second part, yes to sync up you will also sync down.

3. Not sure what you mean but you can select what catalog to open in Lightroom Classic from the file menu or by holding the option key while starting it. Only 1 Classic catalog can sync to the cloud.

4. do you mean on the left? If you see multiple iPads there it is typically caused by a Lightroom update changing the internal name of the iPad and Lightroom treating it as a new machine. you can set where Lightroom Classic syncs the cloud files to in the preferences in the CC tab If you want to avoid these separate entries. They do not mean that you have multiple catalogs as in Classic you can only have a single catalog open. Everything you see is in the same catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines