Highlighted

Syncing cloud photos to new catalog on PC

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to create a brand new catalog on my desktop computer and want to sync my online cloud collection with this device. I just want to make sure that when I sync it will download the photos I already have online to my pc and not delete the from the cloud. I could'nt find this paticular question anywhere so any help would be appericated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Syncing cloud photos to new catalog on PC

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to create a brand new catalog on my desktop computer and want to sync my online cloud collection with this device. I just want to make sure that when I sync it will download the photos I already have online to my pc and not delete the from the cloud. I could'nt find this paticular question anywhere so any help would be appericated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Lightroom, not Lightroom Classic, your photos are all in the cloud. You don't need to sync anything, you just need to sign into your Creative Cloud account. If you turn on the preference to store local copies, your photos will download to your new computer, but that is just a copy of what is in the cloud. The masters reside in the cloud, not on your computer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'm using light room classic. Does that make a difference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2020 0