Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Culled Images Only to Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I want to be able to load photos from my camera to my iPad and cull the library of RAW images using Lightroom CC for iPad, and maybe do some basic editing? Then afterwards, I want to be able to sync the culled images into my Creative Cloud so that I can have access to them when I move to my MacBook and Lightroom Classic and eventually Photoshop CC also.

However, currently, when I turn on sync, it syncs every image that I have in the All Photos section of Lightroom CC. Is there anyway I can make specific settings for the syncing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

There is no selective sync.

Therefore your best option would probably be to pause syncing, import, cull, delete, turn on sync.

Or cull in the native photo application before import.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no selective sync.

Therefore your best option would probably be to pause syncing, import, cull, delete, turn on sync.

Or cull in the native photo application before import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this! I feel like this is the best work around to what I’m trying to do. Hopefully, there will be a better way to do this in a future update. Cheers ✌ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything gets synced to the cloud with Lightroom CC. You could cull your images first with the Photos app, then only import the ones you want to keep. Or you could put your iPad in airplane mode before you start the import. This will pause the sync. Then you could cull your images in Lightroom. Make sure to delete everything you don’t want before you take the iPad back online. After the sync process is complete you can delete the images from Photos.

I’m not sure what you mean by syncing the images with Creative Cloud. Lightroom does not sync directly with Creative Cloud File Sharing, but it does sync with it’s own cloud. If you use Lightroom Classic on your MacBook, and turn on the Sync with Lightroom CC, your high res images will copy down from the cloud to your MacBook. This includes photos taken with Lightroom CC on your phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clarification! I’ve kind of arrived at this ‘hack’ to push for the workflow that I want to do. Sucks that there’s no selective sync. Hopefully it comes in a future update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines