• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Desktop lightroom with Online Adobe (lightroom) account.

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I don't think that my Lightroom is Lightroom Classic, it just says Lightroom and it's an app I downloaded from my adobe account to my laptop. Anyway, I have organised images into Albums online but they are not showing up on my laptop. My laptop version is logged in but they're not syncing and I can't find a syncing option.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Also,  Adobe keeps on telling me that my cloud storage is full, so I delete a heap and it dosn't seem to make a difference. I'm not sure what to make of this or how to get around it.

I'm in Australia, so the bear the time difference. We are heading into evening now, so I may not reply until the morning.

Thank you 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will help us to answer your question if you could provide the exact version number you have installed and details of your operating system e.g.
• Windows 10 v1809, v1903; MacOS Mojave (10.14) Catalina (10.15)
• Lightroom v3.2; Lightroom Classic v9.2, Lightroom Mobile iOS v5.2, Lightroom Mobile Android v5.2
You can find this from your application menu:
Help >> System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aree working with the Newer Cloud Centric version called just Lightroom (YES EXTREMELY Confusing).

AFAIK Sync is always enabled to put any images you import into the DT LR version to the clouds and then back down to the Mobile device version of that App.

And I am moving this conversation over to the Cloud Centric LR forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I am using macOS Catalina, version 10.15.1 on a macbook air

and I am using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, version 3.2.

I don't know what AFAIK Sync is, I'm presuming it's the version I'm using and also I don't know what DT LR version stands for. Day Time Light Room or perhaps it is Digitally Transmitted Light Room 🙂

Thanks for your help, 

I would forward to being able to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

DT LR = Desktop Lightroom (which is the Cloud Centric version of LR. It ALWAYS Uploads (SYNCS) your images from your computer to the Adobe Cloud system)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is not syncing? Photos you have added to LR3.2 from folders?

If you click the cloud icon top right you should see the sync status.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Fabulous, it has synced.

Would you be able to help me solve the cloud storage issue?

Adobe keeps telling me that my cloud storage is full and that I need to upgrade my plan, even though I delete lots of images. Nothing seems to change. This is also happening to a friend of mine.

I cannot find the mysterious Temporary Edits anywhere on the computer. I can't seem to access them, except to open files for photoshop. 

Many of the files that I have spent hours editing have simply vanished but I guess thats a separate issue.  I would like to transfer files from Temporary Edits to folders on my laptop, so I can make extra space but I cannot find the folder.

Help with either issue would be great. i.e. adobe cloud storage or locating Temporary Edits to transfer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some issues it will be necessary to contact Adobe directly. I would check the storage issue with them. Click the following link and scroll down the page to Individual. Then click “Sign in to contact us” It should be possible to start an on-line chat with Adobe Support.
https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you so much for that.

And good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines