• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Images in Lightroom with a Folder on MacOS

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im new to Lightroom. I have all my images stored in a folder on my Mac, and ideally, I would like Lightroom to sync with this folder. In other words, If there were say, 1,000 images in my Mac folder, I would like the same 1,000 images in Lightroom.

Is this possible? How do I do this? Currently I'm clicking Add Photos in Lightroom, which is fine, but how can I be sure that all my images are in Lightroom?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Your images are never "in" Lightroom. Lightroom works with a Catalog that is a type of database.

When you add (import) photos to Lightroom (v4.0 Cloud based) they are uploaded to Cloud storage. You can also have a 'copy' of the files on your local hard-drive, BUT Lightroom v4.0 controls and works with the files stored in the Cloud.

If you want your photo files stored on a local hard-drive you should be using Lightroom-Classic (v10.0). If this is what you mean by "sync with this folder."

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your images are never "in" Lightroom. Lightroom works with a Catalog that is a type of database.

When you add (import) photos to Lightroom (v4.0 Cloud based) they are uploaded to Cloud storage. You can also have a 'copy' of the files on your local hard-drive, BUT Lightroom v4.0 controls and works with the files stored in the Cloud.

If you want your photo files stored on a local hard-drive you should be using Lightroom-Classic (v10.0). If this is what you mean by "sync with this folder."

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines