• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing Lightroom Classic with Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just signed up for the creative cloud subscription that included LR classic, LR CC and photoshop.  When I opened LR classic it asked if I would like to import my catalog from Photoshop Elements 2019, which sounded like a good idea, so I did.

I was under the impression that LR classic photos would then sync and populate LR CC on the web, but that's not happening.  Sync is on in LR classic, but I'm not sure what it's syncing with.  Am I right that these two programs should stay in sync or is there something I need to do to make that work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression that LR classic photos would then sync and populate LR CC on the web,

It does, BUT not in the way you may be expecting. The 'sync' only sends 'Proxy' Smart Preview files that have a long dimension of 2560pixels, AND you need to select photos in the Classic Library, add them to a 'Standard' Collection and mark this COLLECTION to sync the previews to Lr-CC (web).

Instructions here-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the help, but that brings up another question.  If it's only syncing preview files does that mean I don't have full resolution copies of my images on the web (I was hoping it would serve as a backup for my photos).  And if not, it sounds like signing up for the 1TB option in creative cloud would be totally unnecessary.  

Also it sounded like I could edit photos on my desktop or the web and any changes would be reflected on the other platform.  Is that true?

Thanks again for helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

does that mean I don't have full resolution copies of my images on the web

Yes.

I was hoping it would serve as a backup for my photos.

It won't.

And if not, it sounds like signing up for the 1TB option in creative cloud would be totally unnecessary.

Correct,  if you never or rarely Import your photos from cameras direct into a mobile device. And the Classic Collection syncs do not occupy any of your allocated Cloud storage whatsoever.

Also it sounded like I could edit photos on my desktop or the web and any changes would be reflected on the other platform. Is that true?

Yes, For the photos you have synced in a Classic Collection- Edit in Classic: the edits appear in the web. Edit in the web (Lr-mobile, Lr-CC on a remote laptop) the edits sync back down to Classic.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines