• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Syncing not working after upgrading plan

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several weeks ago I upgraded from the 1 GB plan to the 2 GB plan. Lightroom CC shows the correct plan in the cloud icon, but syncing has stopped at 1 GB and will not resume. I have photos from 3 trips stored locally and they will not sync. The status says "Synced and Backed Up".

At this point I am worried that my photos will be lost if they do not sync, besides the fact that I am paying for 2 GB and Lightroom refuses to use the space. Any ideas on how to fix this bug?

Image 7-9-19 at 9.14 AM.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Hi Benjamin,

I was able to resolve the issue by manually saving off all 5,000 Pending photos locally. I then made a backup of Lightroom Library.lrlibrary and deleted the existing one in the Pictures folder (on my Mac). Then I reopened Lightroom and imported the photos again.

I'm not sure why it happened, but I'm glad I figured it out before I somehow lost 4 months of photos. It would be nice if the software warned you if something was corrupted in the local database file.

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrianMorale,

That isn't a great user experience as Lightroom is not  syncing images as expected, we're sorry to hear about this. Let us help make it right.

Could you please take a look at the steps mentioned in this article Known issues and workaround  and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've attempted these solutions and it didn't resolve the problem. When I try to filter by Sync Status I get a little error that says "No sync status available". Something is significantly broken. However, I can't reinstall or I'll lose over a thousand photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check if the recent originals are in the cloud by logging-in to your web app. It could be that everything is sync’d but the storage counter is not yet updated.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately they are not. Everything worked until it hit the original 1 TB limit, then it stopped, even after upgrading. Nothing has synced to the cloud in over a month. I've confirmed on my iPhone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed that all of the photos I've added to Lightroom in the last month have a Cloud: Pending status. None have actually uploaded.

Image 7-9-19 at 11.04 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brian I suggest making contact with Adobe directly. They should be able to check your account status. Click the link below and scroll to the bottom of the page. Under individual click sign-in to contact us. It should be possible to start an on-line chat with an Adobe agent.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble!  If possible, I'd like you to send me log files, which might help us identify the problem.  I will message you privately with instructions for how to collect and send the log files.

Thanks,

Ben

Benjamin Warde

Lightroom Product Manager

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benjamin,

I was able to resolve the issue by manually saving off all 5,000 Pending photos locally. I then made a backup of Lightroom Library.lrlibrary and deleted the existing one in the Pictures folder (on my Mac). Then I reopened Lightroom and imported the photos again.

I'm not sure why it happened, but I'm glad I figured it out before I somehow lost 4 months of photos. It would be nice if the software warned you if something was corrupted in the local database file.

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue!  Sorry again for the trouble.

-Ben

Benjamin Warde

Lightroom Product Manager

Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines