• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tag/Keyword Import from Classic to CC (yes, again!)

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read many posts on this subject but most of them are in reference to syncing between Classic, CC, and mobile and I do not need to sync (other than between CC and the cloud).  The keyword situation in CC is very frustrating having used Classic before where it was simple and intuitive; I understand this was a strategic decision by Adobe and that CC will never have the keyword setup that Classic had.  What I need to understand is this: can I tag all of my photos in Classic (using flat rather than nested tags) and then migrate everything to CC?  Will all of the flat tags for a specific photo migrate or only the first one?  I also understand that migration is a one-time only event and cannot be repeated.  (I am only using CC now and would have to purchase Classic in order to take advantage of its tagging capabilites.)  If I import each Windows file folder full of photos into Classic as a separate catalog can I migrate each one independently into a single/combined catalog in CC?  In other words, do I have to import all of my Windows file folders into one Classic catalog, tag them all, and THEN migrate to CC?  Or, can I import each Windows file folder into Classic as an independent catalog, tag one catalog, migrate that catalog to CC and then repeat with each catalog?  And, if I do the latter, can I migrate the second catalog I do from Classic into the first catalog in CC so that I can search across all photos?  (FWIW, if flat tags really do migrate from Classic to CC then this would be a one-time process for me with all of my existing photos.  All new photos would go directly into CC.)  Thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?