• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 E-Mount Lens Profile Addition?

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a lens profile for the Sony E-Mount Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 lens. 

I also cannot find anywhere online that mentions if (and when) a lens profile might be added to Lightroom.

Does anyone know where I can find information about "upcoming" lens profile updates, and more specifically if a profile will be added for this lens?

Happy to relocate this question to a different forum if there is a better place to ask.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

These are the latest lens additions to Lightroom 3.2 and Lightroom Classic 9.2

Adobe released the updates yesterday.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'd recommend that you check out the list of supported lenses in Lightroom here: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

I do not see the Sony E-Mount Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 lens added to the list yet. 

Adobe's development team adds new lens profiles every release. You can also request for specific lenses here.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gentlemen of Adobe, we are paying to give us professional service and now include the lens correction for the Tamron 17-28mm 2.8 E-Mount lens, be professional and work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please sort this lens profile out ASAP. I'm sure there have been hundreds of requests through the official request link. Or at least let us know why there has been a delay. As mentioned else where in this thread, we are paying for such service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

news???? some months is past from the launch of this lens... no profile for the moment, no new lightroom version for the moment...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find the same profile. Distortion madness. Need an update as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, Adobe!? How can this take so long? In-camera and JPGs are fine with the 17-28... Just the RAWs are a mess. Please, I hope for a quick update. This lens is useless at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very popular lens. I don't know why is this taking so long. Does Tamron has to pay to Adobe or something? How does this process work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No answer from Adobe... so sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for Lightroom lens profile, would you share manual distorsion correction setting you are using (expecially at 17 mm ) ? 

using Tamron 28-75 profile + 150 distorsion ammount doesn't look toooo bad to me at 17mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

guess it's a joke... adobe just released new version of lightroom and tamron 17 28 emount is not yet supported... i pay money for this kind of service... no more words to spend 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

omg still not in the newest update 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm disappointed with Adobe, too. We are not asking for supporting an old lens that nobody uses anymore or a brandnew lens that has just come out. Tamron 17-28 is a very popular lens that came out nearly half a year ago. Come on Adobe, if you don't support a lens like this, what are we paying our money for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No words about how they're threatening this subject. No answer at all after months. This is so unprofessional  by Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here because i just added the 17-28 to my kit and well still waiting for the profile as well. I am using the big brother Tamron 28-70 Di III RXD A036 lens profile in LR for now and it seems to be working well enough.  I have both lenses so it will get confusing pretty quick. Adobe please......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here... printed a photo taken at 19mm so I used some other lens correction instead. I would really appreciate a dedicated 17-28 correction. btw, anyone knows what's the best lens correction currently available? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeiss Batis 18mm works not bad for me in the 17-19 range.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe it! They finally added support for the lens in the latest update. At least is stated in the release notes. I have to check when I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ffs, they updated it... 2 days after I sold my Tamron. Go figure... But I'm happy with my 16-35 GM though... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the latest lens additions to Lightroom 3.2 and Lightroom Classic 9.2

Adobe released the updates yesterday.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines