Highlighted

Tethering still an issue 10.15.3 Catatlina

Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updgraded to Catalina 10.15.3 and have the latest updates for lightroom.  I still can not tether to my Canon 5D Mark 4 or my Canon 6D.  I've tried it on my laptop and my desktop.  I am reading that this should have been fixed with 10.15.3 but it is not on either of my devices using either camera.  I've deleted and reset my preferences files.  Any suggestions?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tethering still an issue 10.15.3 Catatlina

Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updgraded to Catalina 10.15.3 and have the latest updates for lightroom.  I still can not tether to my Canon 5D Mark 4 or my Canon 6D.  I've tried it on my laptop and my desktop.  I am reading that this should have been fixed with 10.15.3 but it is not on either of my devices using either camera.  I've deleted and reset my preferences files.  Any suggestions?

Topics

Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Lightroom Version Number?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.2.1, Lightroom 3.2, Photoshop 2020 (21.1.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 9.2, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both your cameras have been 'tether' supported for a considerable time. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

And there are more suggestions to troubleshoot here-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-tethered-capture-lightroom.html

And where does tethering not work? Is it in the settings? Do you get the tether interface?  or photos simply not appearing in Lr?

Does your set destination folder have full permissions with the new Catalina OS?

A screen clip of your tether settings might be helpful.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.2.1, Lightroom 3.2, Photoshop 2020 (21.1.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Have you tried the above suggestions to fix the tether issue? Are you able to tether using the Canon 5D Mark IV on Mac OS 10.15.3?

If you are still facing the tether issue, please share the system info with us. You can find the system info in Lightroom > help menu > system info.

Let us know the status of your issue.

Thanks,

Mohit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines