• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The naming nightmare

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I subscribe to the Photography Plan. Despite being bamboozled by the names of the various Adobe LR products I thought I had finally got things working: I had Adobe Lightroom Classic CC working on my Mac (the actual libraries living on an attached hard disk) and for photos from my phone I had somehow got the mobile version to send copies to a collection (via the Cloud) to my current Library.

Then this morning the icon for Adobe Classic CC refused to work.  I could however open my libraries via Adobe Lightroom Classic.

1.  Are Adobe Classic and Adobe Classic CC the same thing? (If not, what do I do?)

2. If so, will my mobile photos still sync via the cloud to Adobe Classic?

3.  Why can't Adobe sort out the names of the different Lightroom animals so simple humans like me can understand which product does what and how they relate to each other.  I have tried the documentation and get more baffled.

Apologies if I have missed a previous clear explanation, but I live in the country with painfully slow internet and it takes me ages to browse through a list.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Lightroom is now the cloud-based Lightroom.

Lightroom Classic is now the name of the file-based, computer-based Lightroom that has been around for more than a decade.

There is no Adobe Classic Nor is there an Adobe Classic CC. Lightroom Classic was formerly named Lightroom Classic CC, but Adobe has changed the naming convention, hopefully to clear up some of the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is now the cloud-based Lightroom.

Lightroom Classic is now the name of the file-based, computer-based Lightroom that has been around for more than a decade.

There is no Adobe Classic Nor is there an Adobe Classic CC. Lightroom Classic was formerly named Lightroom Classic CC, but Adobe has changed the naming convention, hopefully to clear up some of the confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  There must have been an automatic update for the dock icon to no longer work.  Much relieved and glad that the names are straightforward.  Hopefully although I use the desk based version to manage my photos, the syncing from my mobile will continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines